JioMart, Reliance Industries' (RIL) platform for customers and kirana stores, has now enabled a multipurpose point of service (POS) service to enable smooth transactions between stores and their customers.
"We have successfully piloted this kirana transformation and those who have opted for this have been positively surprised," says Isha Ambani at RIL's 43rd virtual Annual General Meeting, adding that since its launch it has been to deliver to its kirana partners despite the lockdown imposed by COVID-19. Every first time JioMart user will receive a free COVID-19 essential kit with their order.
Track all the updates on RIL AGM by following our LIVE blog here
JioMart is built upon two fundamental pillars --powerful omni-channel and tech-platform -- to unite customers, kiranas and producers, Isha said.
Jio is accelerating the roll-out of of JioMart, which has now been piloted in over 200 cities, said CMD Mukesh Ambani at the 43rd AGM, adding that it has reached 250,000 orders a day, with numbers continuing to grow each day. "We will also expand JioMart to include electronics, fashion, pharmaceuticals and healthcare," he added.
To track all developments from RIL's 43 AGM, click here....Also read
- RIL 43rd AGM: Reliance Jio and Google partner to build an affordable Android-based 5G smartphone for India
- RIL 43rd AGM: Google will invest Rs 33,737 crore for 7.7% in Jio Platforms
- RIL AGM: Nearly half of Google's India Digitisation Fund to go into Jio
- RIL 43rd AGM: Jio develops made-In-India 5G solution
- RIL AGM key highlights: Mukesh Ambani announces Google deal; Jio readies 5G solution
- RIL AGM: Capital raise complete, now only look to add strategic partners, says Chairman Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM 2020: In its latest offerings, Reliance announces JioTV+ and Jio Glass
- RIL AGM: Reliance launches Jio Glass for best-in-class mixed reality experience
- RIL 43rd AGM: Saudi Aramco deal has not progressed as per earlier timeline: Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: JioMart successfully piloted, will expand beyond groceries
- RIL AGM: Will induct global partners into Reliance Retail, says Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: Reliance Retail only Indian company in Top 100 global retailers, says Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: No better partner for Indian startups than Jio, says Chairman Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: Isha Ambani says JioMeet, Embibe helping students get access to quality education online
- RIL AGM: Isha Ambani says JioMeet, JioHealthHub to provide end-to-end digital health services
Disclaimer: Reliance Industries Ltd is the sole beneficiary of Independent Media Trust which controls Network18 Media & Investments Ltd
Download your money calendar for 2022-23 here and keep your dates with your moneybox, investments, taxes