Jio Platforms has designed and developed a complete 5G solution from scratch, a pivotal move by digital unit by the digital unit of Reliance Industries (RIL) that will help it capitalise on the new wave of 5G telecom orders in India and abroad.
Also read: Why 5G revolution is a big deal
The Made-in-India 5G technology can be deployed and launched in a year once spectrum is available, said RIL chairman at the company’s 43rd annual general meeting (AGM) on July 15.
Jio can easily upgrade its 4G network to 5G because it is all-IP network architecture.
Track all the updates on RIL AGM by following our LIVE blog here
Once it is proven in India, Jio Platforms would be well-positioned to be an exporter of 5G solutions to other telecom operators globally, as a complete managed service, according to RIL.
Jio Platforms along with its over 20 start-up partners who are now part of our family, has built significant world-class capabilities in several cutting-edge technologies, said Ambani. He listed these capabilities:
1) 4G and 5G technologies
2) Cloud Computing
3) Devices and Operating Systems
4) Big Data Analytics
5) Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
6) Virtual and Mixed Reality
8) Natural Language Understanding
9) Computer Vision
“Using these technologies, we can create compelling solutions that span multiple Industry verticals and ecosystems like media, financial services, new Commerce, education, healthcare, agriculture, smart cities, smart manufacturing and smart mobility,” Ambani said.
Ambani said these are the technologies and ecosystem solutions that hold the power to achieve 360-degree digital transformation of India. “Our start-up partners have contributed significantly to our strengths across many of these areas… And we are inviting even more start-ups to join forces with us.”
Follow our RIL AGM 2020 coverage hereAlso read
- RIL 43rd AGM: Reliance Jio and Google partner to build an affordable Android-based 5G smartphone for India
- RIL 43rd AGM: Google will invest Rs 33,737 crore for 7.7% in Jio Platforms
- RIL AGM: Nearly half of Google's India Digitisation Fund to go into Jio
- RIL 43rd AGM: Jio develops made-In-India 5G solution
- RIL AGM key highlights: Mukesh Ambani announces Google deal; Jio readies 5G solution
- RIL AGM: Capital raise complete, now only look to add strategic partners, says Chairman Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM 2020: In its latest offerings, Reliance announces JioTV+ and Jio Glass
- RIL AGM: Reliance launches Jio Glass for best-in-class mixed reality experience
- RIL 43rd AGM: Saudi Aramco deal has not progressed as per earlier timeline: Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: JioMart successfully piloted, will expand beyond groceries
- RIL AGM: Will induct global partners into Reliance Retail, says Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: Reliance Retail only Indian company in Top 100 global retailers, says Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: No better partner for Indian startups than Jio, says Chairman Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: Isha Ambani says JioMeet, Embibe helping students get access to quality education online
- RIL AGM: Isha Ambani says JioMeet, JioHealthHub to provide end-to-end digital health servicesDisclosure:
Reliance Industries Ltd. is the sole beneficiary of Independent Media Trust which controls Network18 Media & Investments Ltd.
Download your money calendar for 2022-23 here and keep your dates with your moneybox, investments, taxes