Reliance Retail has been at the forefront of bringing about the Organized Retail Revolution in India, Chairman Mukesh Ambani said in his address at Reliance Industries' 43rd AGM .
Reliance Retail is India’s largest, most profitable retail business and is the fastest-growing retailer in the world, said Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani at the 43rd RIL Annual General Meeting.
"Reliance Retail is the only Indian Retailer to feature in the Top 100 global retailers," Ambani noted.
Track all the updates on RIL AGM by following our LIVE blog here
Within the organised retail, Reliance Retail will continue to be a partner of choice for marquee international brands, he said, adding, Reliance Retail has been at the forefront of bringing about the Organized Retail Revolution in India.
The company is also partnering with farmers, small and medium-scale manufacturers, merchants, vendors, start-ups and global companies.
Ambani said the following four things have given him immense satisfaction:
- First, more than two-thirds of nearly 12,000 stores are operated in Tier II, Tier III and Tier IV towns.
- Second, the deep-rooted bond with tens of thousands of farmers that has helped the company to source over 80 percent of fresh fruits and vegetable directly from farmers. “We sell more fruits and vegetables than any other organised retailer in the country,” Ambani said.
- Third, the company will continue to provide large employment and development opportunities for lakhs of people across India.
- Fourth, the growth model is based on partnership with small merchants and shopkeepers.
Follow our coverage on RIL's 43rd annual general meeting hereAlso read
- RIL 43rd AGM: Reliance Jio and Google partner to build an affordable Android-based 5G smartphone for India
- RIL 43rd AGM: Google will invest Rs 33,737 crore for 7.7% in Jio Platforms
- RIL AGM: Nearly half of Google's India Digitisation Fund to go into Jio
- RIL 43rd AGM: Jio develops made-In-India 5G solution
- RIL AGM key highlights: Mukesh Ambani announces Google deal; Jio readies 5G solution
- RIL AGM: Capital raise complete, now only look to add strategic partners, says Chairman Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM 2020: In its latest offerings, Reliance announces JioTV+ and Jio Glass
- RIL AGM: Reliance launches Jio Glass for best-in-class mixed reality experience
- RIL 43rd AGM: Saudi Aramco deal has not progressed as per earlier timeline: Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: JioMart successfully piloted, will expand beyond groceries
- RIL AGM: Will induct global partners into Reliance Retail, says Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: Reliance Retail only Indian company in Top 100 global retailers, says Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: No better partner for Indian startups than Jio, says Chairman Mukesh Ambani
- RIL AGM: Isha Ambani says JioMeet, Embibe helping students get access to quality education online
- RIL AGM: Isha Ambani says JioMeet, JioHealthHub to provide end-to-end digital health servicesDisclosure: Reliance Industries Ltd. is the sole beneficiary of Independent Media Trust which controls Network18 Media & Investments Ltd.