Moneycontrol
Last Updated : Feb 08, 2018 11:38 AM IST | Source: CNBC-TV18

Hope to achieve double-digit growth; will outgrow market & industry: Berger Paints

In an interview with CNBC-TV18, Abhijit Roy, MD & CEO of Berger Paints spoke about the results and his outlook for the company. He was speaking from the sidelines of the Edelweiss India Conference.

CNBC TV18 @moneycontrolcom

In an interview with CNBC-TV18, Abhijit Roy, MD & CEO of Berger Paints India spoke about the results and his outlook for the company. He was speaking from the sidelines of the Edelweiss India Conference.

The company has taken price hikes to the tune of about 3 percent in the last year in the month of March and prior to that we had taken another price hike of about 2 percent, so overall there was 4.5-5 percent increase, he said.

We have seen 1-1.5 percent impact of higher raw material prices, he added.

The price hike of 1.5 percent will be effective March 1, said Roy.

Part of double-digit growth this quarter was due to demonetisation base. Diwali was early, so October was a tough month for us. November and December we did much better. January went off well. We will have to wait and see how February and March go but we are hopeful that we should get a double-digit growth, he further mentioned.

We always aspire to do better than the industry, we have our own innovations and plans in place and we expect that depending on the market growth, whatever it is, we will outgrow the market, he said.

Currently, we utilise 80-85 percent of our capacity in the peak months, Roy added.

He also said that he expects his company to grow faster than the industry.

For full interview, watch accompanying video...
First Published on Feb 8, 2018 11:22 am
Sections
Follow us on
Available On