Tune in to the Coronavirus Essential podcast with Sakshi Batra for all the top updates on the ongoing pandemic.
On Friday, the daily COVID-19 cases saw a record jump of 55,000, taking the total cases in India to 16.38 lakh. This includes a death toll of 35,747.Meanwhile, the country will move on to another phase of relaxation of rules on August 1 - Unlock 3.0. Some of the regulations and relaxations in this phase are as below:
- The Centre has removed the night curfew, and people may step out at night with safety precautions
- Gyms and yoga centres outside containment zones will reopen on August 5
- Malls, restaurants and market areas will open up depending on state regulations
- Metro rail services will remain closed
- Schools, colleges and other educational institutes will remain shut till August 31
- Cinema halls, swimming pools, night clubs and bars, and other entertainment auditoriums will also stay closed