Here's the full text of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package announced by the FM today.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on March 26 announced a slew of economic measures following the national lockdown announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to tackle the coronavirus outbreak in the country.
Here's the full text of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package announced by the FM today:
Insurance scheme for health workers fighting COVID-19 in Government Hospitals and Health Care Centres
doctors and specialists and other health would be covered by a
Special insurance Scheme.
• Any health professional who while treating Covid-19 patients o
meets with some accident, then he/she would be compensated with
an amount of Rs 50 lakh under the scheme.
• All government health centres, wellness centres and hospitals of
Centre as well as States would be covered under this scheme
approximately 22 lakh health workers would be provided insurance
cover to fight this pandemic.
• Each farmer would be given Rs 2000 during the month of April
• It would cover 8.7 crore farmers and Rs 16000 crores would be
distributed to them.III Cash transfers Under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana :
Help to Poor• A total of 20.40 crores PMJDY women account-holders would be
given an ex-gratia of Rs.500 per month for next three months.
• This will help them to run their household during this difficult period..
• For this purpose, the Government of India will spend Rs 31000
would be provided to 8 crore poor families for the next three months.
• Three gas cylinders would be provided during this period.
• Rs.13000 crores would be provided for this purpose.
Help to low wage earners in organised sectors• Wage-earners below Rs.15000 per month in businesses having
less than 100 workers are at risk of losing their employment.
• Under this package, government proposes to pay 24 percent of
their monthly wages into their PF accounts for next three
• This would prevent disruption in their employment.
• Rs 5000 crores are being provided for this purpose.
Support for senior citizens (above 60 years), widows and Divyang• There are around 3 crore aged widows and people in Dviyang
category who are vulnerable due to economic disruption caused by
• Government will give them Rs 1000 to tide over difficulties during
next three months.
• Rs 3000 crores has been provided for this purpose in the PM Garib
IV PM Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana• Government of India would not allow anybody, specially any poor
family, to suffer on account of non-availability of foodgrains due to
disruption in the next three months.
• 80 crore individuals, i.e, roughly two-thirds of India’s
population would be covered under this scheme.
• Each one of them would be provided double of their current
entitlement over next three months.
• This additionality would be free of cost.
• GOI will bear entire expenditure of Rs 40000 crores spent for this
Pulses:• To ensure adequate availability of protein to all the above
mentioned individuals, one kg per family, of pulses like moong, toor,
chana, urad would be provided for next three months.• These pulses would be provided free of cost by the government of
• GOI will be spending Rs. 5000 crores for this purpose.
V MNREGA• Under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana, MNREGA wages would be
increased by Rs 20 with effect from 1 April, 2020.
• This will benefit approximately 13.62 crore families.
• Approximately,Rs 5600 Crores will be spent for this purpose.
VI Other components of PM Garib Kalyan package
• Organised sector :
• Employees’ Provident Fund Regulations will be amended to include
Pandemic as the reason to allow non-recoverable advance of 75
percent of the amount or three months of the wages, whichever
is lower, from their accounts.
• Families of four crore workers registered under EPF can take benefit
of this window.
Self-Help groups :Women organised through 63 lakhs Self Help Groups(SHGs)
support 6.85 crore households.
a) Limit of collateral free lending would be increased from Rs 10 to
Rs 20 lakhs.
b) This will help them by additional credit availability.
PM Garib Kalyan Package provides RS 1,75,000 crore to the poor to help them fight the battle against Corona Virus.
Time to show-off your poker skills and win Rs.25 lakhs with no investment. Register Now!