Company History - Monsanto India
- The Company a subsidiary of Monsanto Co. USA was incorporated on
December, 1949 as a private limited Company at Mumbai and was
into a public limited company on 1st July, 1978. The Company
Manufacture Agricultural Chemicals.
- It has pioneered the chemical-weed-control concept in the country
is a market leader in rice herbicides which are marketed under the
brand name MACHETE. It also markets `Lasso' a broad spectrum
herbicide and `AVADEX' a herbicide used to protect wheat crop.
- The Company is also an indenting agents for a range of Monsanto
products such as specialised industrial and plastic chemicals,
science and agricultural products.
- Till date 1,352 No. of equity shares of Rs 100 each subscribed for
cash at par. 1,352 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- 2,704 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- 5,408 bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- Equity shares sub-divided in Sept. 1988. 8,93,318 bonus equity
issued in prop. 892:108 to the holders after the offer for sale in
- During February, Monsanto Company, USA offered for sale to the
public, out of its holdings, 3,40,500 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10
each at a premium of Rs 8 per share. Of these, 23,835 shares were
offered to employees, Indian Directors, Business Associates etc.
23,800 shares taken up). The remaining 3,16,665 shares along with
shares not taken up by employees were offered for sale to public.
- The Objects of offer for sale is to reduce the equity holding in
Company to 40% or less and to enable participation by Indian public
the equity capital of the Company and to get the Company's shares
listed on the recognised Stock Exchanges.
- The Company launched a wheat herbicide and marketed several
speciality chemicals of Monsanto, USA.
- Authorised Capital increased. 1001478 No. of Equity shares of Rs
each at a price of Rs 30 per shares issued on Rights basis in prop.
- The Company entered into an non exclusive marketing arrangement
another Monsanto entity in India to market formulation/granulation
manufactured by the Company.
- 200 right shares of Rs. 10 each issued during the year.
- The Company has closed its bio-informatics research unit as a part
the company's restructuring plans, but denied it was winding up R&D
- The Nutrition and Consumer Products Division of Monsanto India has
launched Flix, a low calorie soft-drink concentrate.
- Mr. Terry Bunn, Chairman, has resigned as Director and Chairman
the board effective from October 4 and Mr. B.K. Chiu has been
as Director and Chairman.
- Monsanto has launched Leader Kanak Rath, an agricultural extension
service programme, for farmers in Punjab and Haryana.
- Monsanto India Ltd informs that Mr.Brett.D.Begemann is
appointed Director and Chairman of the company.
-Mr Sekhar Natrajan has been reappointed as the Managing Director
of the company.
-Monsanto India shifts part of its packaging activities from Silvassa
a site in Guwahati.
-1) Mr. Allen Smith appointed as Director and Chairman of the Company
in place of Mr. Brett Begemann 2) Appointment of Mr. William Hallman
as Director in place of Mr. C Y Wong 3) Appointment of Mr.
Rajagopalan S as Chief Financial Officer of the Company in place of
Mr. Sandeep Kulkarni.
-Monsanto India Limited has informed that the securities of the
Company have been delisted from the Delhi Stock Exchange Association
Limited w.e.f. December 29, 2003.
-Monsanto India Limited has appointed Mr. Sekhar Natarajan as
Director & Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Company w.e.f.
November 03, 2006.
-Monsanto India Limited has appointed Mr. Mark Martino as Director of
-Monsanto India Ltd has appointed Mr. Amitabh Jaipuria as the
Managing Director of the Board of Directors of the Company.
-Mr. Ravinder K. Reddy has been appointed as Additional Director on
the Board of Directors of the Company.
-Monsanto will select around Rs 3.4 billion from licensing
exclusively owned rights of Bollgard (BG) gene traits to Bt cotton
hybrid seed manufacturing companies in India during the current
fiscal year (2009-10). It is the US based seed manufacturer.
-The Directors have declared interim dividend of Rs. 10/- per share.
-Monsanto India has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
- Selected as '100 Best Corporate Citizens 2010' by Corporate
- The Board of Directors of the Company have declared interim
dividend of Rs. 10/- per share.
- Recommendation of a final dividend of Rs. 12/- per share for the
year ended March 31, 2013
-The Company have appointed Mr. C. Ravishankar as a Director on the
Board of Directors of the Company w.e.f. December 06, 2013
-Monsanto wins STPI Award for the second year in a row
-Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Names Monsanto Best Place To Work For
-Monsanto introduces new hybrid maize variety in Bihar
-Monsanto showcases high yielding Seminis Tomato Hybrid Ashoka
-Monsanto showcases superior Dekalb Hybrid Maize to local farmers
-Monsanto India showcases high yielding varieties of Seminis Hybrid
vegetable seeds during farmers meet