- The Company was incorporated on 10th August, and was promoted by
Mr. Shreeniwas Bangur, Shreekant Bangur, Suraj Ratan Rathi, Partha
Sarathi, Dutta Roy and Dr. V. K. Rungta.
- The Company undertook to set up a 100% EOU for software. The
Company also placed orders with Software technology park, Dept. of
Electronics, Bangalore to provide a dedicated satellite link of 64 K
BPS for the usage.
- 700 No. of equity share of Rs 10 each issued, subscribed and
paid-up. 60,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each were then
issued at par in July, of which 15,00,000 shares reserved and
allotted to Indian directors, their friends and relatives. Of the
remaining 4,50,000 shares offered to Indian Mutual Funds (None were
taken up). Balance 40,50,000 shares issued to the public along with
4,50,000 shares not taken up by Indian Mutual Funds.
- The Company installed additional workstations and infrastructure
with the view to expanding the business. It was proposed to set up
Company's own Private Software Technology Part' by acquiring land and
buildings and additional workstation server and latest communication
facilities. The Company undertook to open more offices in Europe and
- The number of projects under execution were more than 100 and were
classified under six technology focus groups viz. System software,
client server technology, networking technology, tandem technology,
reengineering group and emerging technologies.
- The Company obtained the ISO 9001-1994 certrification in March from
- To provide high quality support to its customers, the Company was
reorganised into six independent Business Units (IBUS). They are
Compaq Development Center, Tandem solution, Applications, Systems and
Networking, Products and Y2K.
- BFL Software (BFL), which develops software in India's Silicon
Valley - Bangalore - Joined the big league after it signed a
long-term software development agreement with the US-based Compaq
- BFL Software Ltd, a Bangur Foundation group company, has put on
hold plans to set up an integrated software township near Bangalore.
- The Bangalore-based BFL Software Limited (BFLSL) has set up a
dedicated software development centre for the US-based Lanier
Worldwide, specialising in medical documentation management.
- The Bangalore-based BFL Software Ltd (BFLSL) has entered into a
strategic alliance with two US-based companies in an effort to tap
the international market.
- Baring India Investments Ltd (BIIL) has finally entered into an
agreement with the promoters of BFL Software Ltd (BFL) on March 26
for acquisition of about 25 per cent paid up capital.
- The international investment bank had entered into an agreement
with BFL Software on March 26, for acquiring 15,04,800 shares
(amounting to about 25.15 per cent of the company's equity).
- BFL Software plans to enter into an agreement with National
Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL) to enable its investors to
- BFL Software Ltd, now controlled by Baring India Investments Ltd,
is setting up a subsidiary in Singapore close on the heels of
launching one in the US.
- The company has set up a subsidiary in the United States recently
and started a consulting practice to offer higher margin services
whose impact in financial performance will be reflected only next
- The Bangalore-based BFL Software Ltd, in an effort to expand its
operations, is setting up a Japanese development centre and an
advanced centre of excellence in the US.
- The Bangalore-based BFL Software Limited is going to introduce the
employee stock option plan (ESOP) which will come into effect from
April, 1999 and would reduce the lock-in period for these shares
awarded to employees from the usual five years to three years.
- The Company has set up new intiatives in Enterprise Recource
Planning and E-Commerce Embedded Systems and Suppy Chain Management
while continuing its focus on Systems Software Networking and
Telecommunications, Healthcare and Retail industry.
- 3,333,333 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each (prem. of Rs 65 per
share) allotted to Baring India Investments Ltd., a Mauritius - based
- BFL has set up an Advanced Centre of Excellence for profiling
value-added consulting services.
- BFL Software's first product is to be launched in the international
market by the end of 1999. This will be a healthcare product that
essentially is a resource scheduling package for hospitals and
- BFL Software recently signed an agreement with NetCommunications, a
subsidiary of Netcard Corporation Berhard of Malaysia, to jointly
develop and market netKIOS globally.
- The company is setting up eight marketing offices worldwide.
- MPhasiS will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of BFL.
- BFL plans to launch its healthcare software called `Opera' in the
US market in the current quarter.
- The Company has changed its name to Mphasis BFL and reorganised its
- The Company's Emerging Markets Growth Fund Inc., California
regarding acquisition of 534000 shares of the company aggregating to
5.72% of the outstanding shares.
- The Company will issue ADR/ADS, on June 6th, Strategic investments
in subsidiaries/joint ventures.
- Mr. Richard Braddock and Prof. Jose de la Torre was appointed as
Additional Director of the company.
- Holdings Ltd has acquired 65,00,000 shares of BFL Software Ltd.
aggregating 41.02 per cent.
- Mr. Rahul Bhasin, Chairman resigned on July 14. Mr. K. Sridharan,
was appointed as Director.
- Mphasis, a software architecture, integration and implementation
company, has tied up with BEA System to build financial solutions on
the BEA E-Commerce Transaction Plantform aimed at exploiting the
Indian and also global financial sector.
- Idea2solutions (I2s), an incubator focused on healthcare-technology
start-ups has formed an alliance with Mphasis, a global software
architecture, integration and implementation company.
-Mphasis provider of software and system integration Technology has
appointed Mr Ravi Ramu as Director- strategic initiatives. Mr Ramu's
considerable experience and expertise would reinforce Mphasis strong
management team globally, Its chairman and CEO, Mr Jerry Rao said.
-Jerry Rao Chairman-Mphasis BFL appointed to Nasscom's Executive
-Mphasis BFL has informed the Exchange that MsourcE has announced
that its Bangalore operations have been certified by KPMG Quality
Registrar for ISO 9001:2000
-Mr. O Venkata Ravi has been appointed as the CS and compliance
Officer of Mphasis BFL Ltd.
-Mphasis appointed Saloman Smith Barney(SSB), the investment banking
arm of citigroup with a mandate to explore for potential investors in
-Mphasis has signed a agreement for the acquisition of Navion
(Shanghai) software development company Ltd.
-MsourcE corporation, a subsidiar of Mphasis BFL has entered into a
partnership to provide the complete gamut of customer care services
to the US Women's Chamber of Commerce(USWCC).
-MsourcE Coporation, subsidiary of Mphasis BFL Ltd and Accenture
have agreed to work together in India to offer their client world
class call centre BPO services.
-MsourcE Corporation has opened its new Spanish language call centre
operation in Tijuana, Mexico.
-MsourcE Corporation has become the first contact centre in the
country to be awarded the BS-7799-2:2002 certification.
-Mr G N Sarma has been appointed as Company Secretary & Compliance
Officer of Mphasis BFL in place of Mr O Venkata Ravi.
-Mphasis BFL Limited has informed that the BOD at its meeting held on
January 08, 2004 has appointed Mr. Nawzhir Mirza as Additional
Director of the Company till the conclusion of the next AGM.
-Mphasis BFL securities delisted from Bangalore Stock Exchange
-Mphasis achieves SEI-CMMI Level 5 Accreditation
-MphasiS BFL secures top slot in credit rating amidst 400 major cos
-Mphasis BFL wins SecureSynergy Security Strategist 2005 Award
-Mphasis to acquire Princeton Consulting
-Mphasis BFL sets up BPO facility in Noida
-Mphasis enters Healthcare Insurance & Payments BPO market with
acquisition of Eldorado Computing Inc
-MphasiS has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-Mphasis BFL equity shareholders approve Scheme of Amalgamation
-Mphasis BFL Ltd has informed that the name of Company stands changed
to Mphasis Ltd with effect from November 24, 2006. The changed name
has been approved by the Registrar of Companies, Karnataka.
-Company has changed its name from Mphasis BFL Ltd. to MphasiS Ltd.
- Mphasis Limited has informed that Ms. Vinita Bali has been
appointed as Additional Director on the Board of the Company.
- Mphasis Ltd has informed that Ms. Vinita Bali has been appointed as
Additional Director on the Board of the Company.
-Mphasis Ltd has appointed Mr. Thomas Erhardt as an Additional
Director on the Board of the Company effective August 20, 2007.
-Mphasis Ltd has appointed Mr. Micheal Koehier as an Additional
Director on the Board of the Company.
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted From 139/1, Hosur
Road, Koramangala, Bangalore To Bagmane Technology Park, Byrasandra, C
V Raman Nagar, Bangalore
- Mphasis Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the
Company, by way of resolution passed by circulation, has approved the
appointment of Mr. Jim Bridges as Additional Director on the Board of
the Company effective February 18, 2008.
- Mphasis Ltd has appointed Mr. Anthony Glasby and Mr. Andreas Mattes
as Additional Directors on the Board of the Company effective October
-MphasiS changes its branding identity to MphasiS an HP Company
--MphasiS ranked No.68 in Business Today 500 - India's Most Valuable
Companies, and ranked no. 7 in the 'Top 10 Software Companies'
-MphasiS' application for HDFC Standard Life Wins the CIO The
Ingenious 100 - 2009 Award
-MphasiS in Nasscom Top IT Firms Ranking
-MphasiS rated No. 18 among Dataquest Top 20 BPO Companies
-MphasiS in Global Services 100 survey 2009
-MphasiS breaks into Dataquest Top 20 Ranking
-MphasiS featured in 'The 2008 Global Outsourcing 100'
-Silicon India rates MphasiS No. 5 in siTech20: India Index
-MphasiS awarded second place : ICAI Award for Excellence in
-MphasiS ranked No. 32 among the Top 100 companies in FinTech
-MphasiS honored with the NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards,
2010 for Diversity and Inclusion
-MphasiS Ranked 6th in the Top 20 IT Software and Service exporters
in India (excluding BPO revenues) and 7th in the Top 20 IT-BPO
employers in India
-MphasiS ranked # 17 in the 'DataQuest(DQ) Top 20' and 9th in the 'DQ
Top 20 Exports'. Also, MphasiS BPO ranked 20 in the DQ Top 20: BPO
-MphasiS ranked No. 17 in DQ Top 20 survey and No. 9 in the Top 20
-MphasiS one of the five fastest growing companies by DQ Top 20
Survey for 2009 - '10
-MphasiS Gets Two Awards for Successful Cooperation with UPC
-MphasiS ranked No. 23 by Bloomberg Business Week's 'The Tech 100'
-MphasiS ranked No. 165 amongst the FORTUNE 500 companies in India
and No. 7 in the INFOTECH segment
-Mphasian Ashwin Karthik wins the 13th NCPEDP - Shell Helen Keller
-Ganesh Ayyar, CEO MphasiS has won the Asia's Viewers Choice Award in
the 10th CNBC Asia Business Leader Awards 2011
-MphasiS awarded NASSCOM Corporate Awards for Excellence in Diversity
-Waste Wise Business Recyclathon Award 2011
-MphasiS ranked No. 23 among the Top 100 companies in FinTech 100 for
the year 2011
-Mr. Antonio Fabio Neri and Mr. Ravichandran Venkataraman have been
appointed as Additional Directors on the Board of the Company.
-Mphasis expands presence in North America region-opens near shore
centre in Canada.
-MphasiS wins TISS CLO Global Learning & Development Team of the Year