Jul 26, 2021 03:51 PM IST
Q1 FY22 earnings reaffirm that ICICI Bank has transitioned well from a stressed bank to a growing lender. However, the valuation is not yet fully capturing the significant improvement in business fundamentals and growth story.
· Net profit surged to Rs 4,616 crore, a growth of 78% YoY
· NIMs improved on domestic book to 3.9%
· Wrote back Rs 1,050 crore of COVID-19 related provisions created in earlier periods
· High provision coverage ratio of 78% as of end June is comforting
· Stock is trading at around 1.9 times FY23 estimated core book
- Jul 26, 2021 10:13 AM IST
The Q1 FY22 earnings reaffirm that ICICI Bank has transitioned well from a stressed bank to a growing lender
- Jul 08, 2021 04:01 PM IST
Analysts are of the view that the stress on lenders’ balance sheets will appear gradually over the course of FY22 as the impact of regulatory forbearances wears off.
- Jul 01, 2021 06:53 PM IST
Lenders saw a worsening in the quality of consumer credit after the moratorium was lifted and the retail segment may account for the future rise in bad loans, the central bank said.
- May 21, 2021 11:51 AM IST
With around half of its revenue derived from consumer spending (fee income) and other half from credit business (interest income), SBI Cards is a consumption company in the financial services space
- Apr 28, 2021 01:09 PM IST
The design of the bad bank/ARC proposed by the government will be key to its success in resolving the NPA issue
- Apr 27, 2021 08:53 PM IST
The bank expects some near-term impact from COVID-19 second wave but will look for growth opportunities in both secured and unsecured book, the management said.
- Feb 10, 2021 01:42 PM IST
Reported numbers from banks look good but caution still warranted
- Dec 10, 2020 09:26 AM IST
While the stock price of SBI Cards has recovered almost 70 per cent from the low seen in May, it is still just 9 per cent above the issue price
- Nov 02, 2020 12:46 PM IST
The course of COVID-19 and its impact on the economy remain a big variable on how asset quality deterioration is arrested. The large pool of stressed accounts is a red flag
- Aug 03, 2020 10:13 AM IST
While strong financials of SBI help in soothing investors’ nerves in uncertain times, the economic slowdown adds a cloud of uncertainty
- Jul 28, 2020 11:41 AM IST
The single most important reason to like Kotak Bank despite not being a growth story is its excellent liability franchise
- Jul 27, 2020 08:35 AM IST
ICICI Bank stock is seen get a boost from its subsidiaries that are doing reasonably well
- Jul 20, 2020 08:27 AM IST
HDFC Bank’s valuation has fallen while the long-term growth and profitability outlook are very strong
- May 11, 2020 08:45 AM IST
- Mar 20, 2020 09:41 AM IST
- Nov 13, 2019 05:55 PM IST
Deepening economic slowdown and delay in resolution of stressed assets are likely to push more stressed loans into the non-performing assets (NPA) category going forward.
- Oct 26, 2019 09:54 AM IST
- Oct 23, 2019 10:41 AM IST
Most of the global brokerage firms which came out with recommendations maintained their rating on Axis Bank while JP Morgan raised its target price to Rs 790 from Rs 770 earlier.
- Oct 23, 2019 10:33 AM IST
The risk is high especially from the real estate sector where credit from NBFCs has been choked off. Starved of liquidity, builders are struggling to pay their non-bank lenders, who in turn are defaulting on their dues to banks.
- Aug 16, 2019 09:52 AM IST
IDBI Bank is also in talks with investors, including LIC to raise Rs 10,000 crore capital by the end of the second quarter to meet minimum regulatory requirements.
- Mar 27, 2017 10:33 PM IST
- Feb 10, 2017 05:18 PM IST
The demonetisation move has impacted the bad loan resolution and the merger of State Bank of India‘s merger with its associates by one quarter, according to bank Chairman Arundhati Bhattacharya.
- Feb 09, 2017 05:21 PM IST
Demonetisation, capital constraints and spike in bad loans has hit the government-owned IDBI Bank hard as its net loss widened to Rs 2255 crore in the October to December period.
- Jan 09, 2017 04:28 PM IST
Weak asset quality will continue to plague credit profile of banks, with their profitability remaining under pressure till the next fiscal, says a report.