Moneycontrol PRO
HomeEntertainmentSean "Diddy" Combs hotline receives 12,000 calls in 24 Hours, says lawyer

Sean "Diddy" Combs hotline receives 12,000 calls in 24 Hours, says lawyer

A lawyer representing 120 individuals who have accused Sean "Diddy" Combs of sexual misconduct has reported that a hotline set up for the music mogul's accusers received an astounding 12,000 calls within 24 hours.

October 08, 2024 / 08:43 IST
Sean "Diddy" Combs hotline receives 12,000 calls in 24 Hours

A lawyer representing 120 individuals who have accused Sean "Diddy" Combs of sexual misconduct has reported that a hotline set up for the music mogul's accusers received an astounding 12,000 calls within 24 hours. Houston-based attorney Tony Buzbee, who had previously announced he was representing more than 100 accusers, shared this information in an interview with Law & Crime on Oct. 2.

"When I made an announcement that I was going to pursue these cases, the floodgates really opened," Buzbee said. "In about a 10-day period, we got about 3,200 calls. And then from the press conference we had [Oct. 11, we've had 12,000 calls."

Among the impending lawsuits against Combs, which have not yet been filed, are allegations of child abuse. Buzbee revealed one particularly disturbing case involving a 9-year-old boy who was allegedly sexually abused by Combs while auditioning at a New York City studio for a record deal.

"Other boys were there to audition as well," Buzbee explained. "All of them were trying to land a record deal. All of them were minors. This individual [the 9-year-old] was sexually abused, allegedly by Sean Combs and several other people at the studio with the promise to both his parents and himself of getting a record deal."

Buzbee is a well-known attorney who previously represented multiple women accusing NFL quarterback Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct. His involvement in the Combs case has attracted widespread attention due to the growing number of accusers.

These new allegations come in the wake of Combs' recent indictment on federal charges, including sex trafficking, racketeering, and transportation to engage in prostitution. Combs was indicted on Sept. 17 and has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

ALSO READ: Cissy Houston, Grammy winning gospel singer and mother of Whitney Houston, dies at 91 surrounded by family

Combs' legal battles began in November 2023, when his former partner, singer Casandra "Cassie" Ventura, filed a lawsuit accusing him of sexual abuse and assault. Though that case was quickly settled, it sparked a series of other lawsuits alleging similar misconduct by Combs.

ALSO READ: John Wick star Keanu Reeves escapes injury during Pro Auto Racing debut

The federal indictment against Combs centres around allegations that he organized what prosecutors describe as "freak offs," elaborate sexual performances involving women who were coerced or forced into participating. These events allegedly lasted for days, involved drug use, and sometimes included male sex workers, according to prosecutors.

If convicted on all charges, Combs faces the possibility of life in prison.

Entertainment desk -
first published: Oct 8, 2024 08:43 am

Discover the latest Business News, Sensex, and Nifty updates. Obtain Personal Finance insights, tax queries, and expert opinions on Moneycontrol or download the Moneycontrol App to stay updated!

Subscribe to Tech Newsletters

  • On Saturdays

    Find the best of Al News in one place, specially curated for you every weekend.

  • Daily-Weekdays

    Stay on top of the latest tech trends and biggest startup news.

Advisory Alert: It has come to our attention that certain individuals are representing themselves as affiliates of Moneycontrol and soliciting funds on the false promise of assured returns on their investments. We wish to reiterate that Moneycontrol does not solicit funds from investors and neither does it promise any assured returns. In case you are approached by anyone making such claims, please write to us at grievanceofficer@nw18.com or call on 02268882347