Company History - Kilburn Engineering
1987 - The company was incorporated on 7th September, in the State
W. Bengal. It was promoted by Macneil and Magor group (M&M).
With a view to manufacture drying system, pneumatic handling
system, heat exchangers etc., the Company acquired the
division of M & M (viz., the entire industrial machinery
of M & M situated at revenue villages of Bhandup and Nahur in
Taluka Kurla) as a going concern by a Scheme of Arrangement
sanctioned by the High Court of Calcutta with effect from 1st
- The main objective of the company is Engaged in the business
designing, manufacturing, marketing, field erection and
commissioning of industrial drying system, oil field and air
- The erstwhile Kilburn division has on going collaboration
- (i) Nara Machinery Co., Ltd., Japan for paddle dryers deep
bed dryers, etc.,
- (ii) Bowen Engineering Inc., U.S.A. for spray dry system;
- (iii) Babcock BSH, W. Germany, for industrial centrifugal
- Moreover, will have the benefit of cooperation arrangement
specific application such as with Pleq Plant & Equipment,
for rotary system, Silica Gel Gesselschaft, West Germany for
activated carbons, with Proctor and Schwartz, U.S.A. for band
drying system, T-Thermal USA for combusion system etc.
1990 - 7 shares subscribed for by signatories to the Memorandum of
Association. 29,99,993 No. of equity shares of Rs. 10 each
then issued at par of which 5,28,000 shares allotted to M&M
considerating other than cash and 6,71,993 shares allotted to
Indian directors, their friends and relations of the Company
also of M&M. Of the remaining 18,00,000 shares, the
were reserved for allotment on a preferential basis:
- (i) 1,50,000 shares to employees' of M&M (Only 1,41,700
- (ii) 1,50,000 shares to resident Indian shareholders of M&M
were taken up) and
- (iii) 3,00,000 shares to Institutions/Mutual Funds (all were
taken up). Additional 3,70,8000 shares allotted to retain
oversubscription (22,500 shares to shareholders, 2,47,500
to Public and 1,00,800 shares to Indian resident directors,
their friends, etc.).
1991 - The Company finalised technial collaboration agreements with
Carrier Vibratory Equipment Inc., U.S.A. for vibrating
and with Process Systems International, USA for pneumatic
- During orders were secured for manufacture of test
for offshore oil platform with the know-how provided by
Plenty-Metrol of U.K.
- With a view to substantial expansion of manufacturing
from 1,200 TPA to 5,200 TPA, the Company acquired a plot at
Industrial Estate at Por-Ramangamdi, on the outskirts of
Necessary facilities at the acquired spot were created.
1992 - The Company entered into technical collaboration with
Ltd., U.K. for spray dryers and with Silica
Germany for Adsorption Systems for further augmenting its
capabilities in related fields.
1994 - The Company entered into an alliance with Bertrans AG, of
Switzerland for process plants and systems in the
Sector. The company has also entered into a joint venture
agreement with Veco Corporation of USA for providing enhanced
capabilities in the EPC Area.
- On March-April 1993, 33,70,800 rights equity shares (Prem.
25; Prop 1:1) (all were taken up). Another 88,200 shares
at a premium of Rs. 25 per share to employees (only 6300
taken up). Unsubscribed part was allowed to lapse.
1995 - The Company issued 14% Non-Convertible debentures aggregating
Rs. 115 lakhs on private placement basis with UTI. These are
be redeemed in five equal annual instalments commencing on
expiry of 5th year from the date of allotment with a premium
Rs. 5 payable in the 7th year.
-The board has approved the following in the meeting
1. To sub-divide existing face value of unissued
Preference Shares from Rs 100/- to Rs 10/- and reclassify 8242100
equity share as Redeemable Preference Share of Rs 10/-
2. To issue and offer such number of Redeemable
Preference Shares of Rs 10/- each of an aggregate Nominal value not
exceeding Rs 82.50 million for cash at par to such persons, Bodies
Corporate & Other Entities as the Board may deem fit by private
-Kilburn Engineering Ltd at the AGM of the company held on March 31,
2004, the members of the company have approved the delisting of
equity shares of the company from Vadodra Stock Exchange.
-Kilburn Engineering Ltd Issues Rights in the Ratio of 1:1
-Kilburn Engineering Ltd has entered into an MOU with Housing
Development and Infrastructure Ltd (HDIL) for transfer of the
Company's property at Bhandup for a total consideration of Rs
- Company has designated an E-mail ID for Investor grievance is
-Company has informed that the E-mail ID for Investors Grievances is
- Kilburn Engineering Ltd has informed BSE that about the following
- Company has bagged an Order worth Rs 11.10 Crore from Tata Chemical
Ltd, Mithapur, Gujarat for supply of Calciner. The Company has also
received orders from Tea Estates / Rice Mills for supply of Tea /
Paddy Dryers worth Rs 10.80 Crore.
- Appointment of Mr. Sraban Kumar Karan as Company Secretary and
Compliance Officer of the Company
- Kilburn Engineering Ltd received the following Order / Letter of
Intent regarding Export order from an US based Company.
- Kilburn Engineering has received major letter of intent/ orders
worth Rs 88 cr from two US based companies.
- Mr. Arvind Bajoria as Company Secretary and Compliance Officer of
- Kilburn Engineering today said that it has received major orders
worth approximately Rs 3037 crore from a European Company, a global
leader in Lime and Dolomite for Paddle Dryers and Paddle Coolers.
- Appointment of Ms. Priya Saran Chaudhri as an additional director
and Mrs. Chaudhri is a Non executive, Independent director of the
-Leading industrial machinery manufacturer Kilburn Engineering
Limited has received different orders of Rs 7800 lac from different
-Kilburn Engineering has Award of Orders worth Rs. 4840 Lac.
-Kilburn Engineering has bagged orders woth Rs 27.30 crores for
dryers and other equipment.
-Kilburn Engineering bags orders worth Rs 43.15 cr.