Ever wondered what lies beneath the headlines on growth or inflation numbers, and the jargon associated with the two most important macroeconomic indicators? Want to understand how can an economic recovery be described by letters of the alphabet? If such questions leave you scratching your head, then this ready-reckoner is all you need! Watch the video to learn about the terms key to understanding the economic turmoil prevailing in India and the world.
Amendments to the Banking Companies Act will look at reducing the mandatory requirement of 51 percent government holding in PSBs
Individuals with a preference for FDs can hold 40 percent of their savings in floating-rate FDs and the remaining 60 percent in traditional fixed-rate FDs.
Small and new private banks are offering higher interest rates on savings accounts compared to leading private and public sector banks to acquire new retail customers
The core function of banking will remain, but the way we understand a bank in terms of branches and bank officers, is going to change forever
Stolen credit and debit card details stored on shopping portals can result in misuse of cards. That changes when India implements card tokenisation on July 1
The AU Bank 'LIT' (Live-It-Today) Credit Card, offers a unique value proposition to cardholders – to choose the features they want and for the time period they want.
Affluent spenders using credit cards must have a disciplined approach. They must avoid overspending to achieve milestones, bonus rewards, and waiver on annual renewal fees.
Financial institutions process education loan applications after evaluating the admission letter because education loan amount varies with the country, program you have applied for, university offering the admission and several other factors.
Adoption of digital payments was growing before the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, but steps taken by the RBI along with additional thrust provided by the pandemic have accelerated the shift, it added
Smaller and new private banks are offering higher interest rates compared to leading private banks
By requiring only limited public reporting on asset quality, banks in India have enjoyed a level of opacity that banks in other jurisdictions do not
Millennial customers should use the credit cards smartly and responsibly. Avoid overspending to earn bonus points and to waive off annual renewal fees.
Kotak Mahindra Bank and ICICI Bank have also hiked their interest rates recently.
Look at cutting your expenses to voluntarily pay higher EMIs, use annual bonuses to prepay part of your loan
Increase in the e-mandate limit will help users leverage benefits available under the framework to a greater extent and enhance customer convenience.
For depositors, this signals a further increase in their deposit rates, but high inflation means that real returns will remain muted
First, estimate your expenses after some thorough research. Then budget for them before departure. You will need to factor in pre-departure expenses, external coaching fees, deposit for rented accommodation and other costs.
Citigroup Inc (C.N) intends to hire 3,000 new employees for its Asia institutional business in the coming years, focusing on a fast-growing region where it has departed consumer banking in most regions, according to Citi's top executive.
Home loan lenders allow borrowers to prepay their entire outstanding balance or part of it. On making prepayments, borrowers can either opt for EMI reduction or tenure reduction.
Flexibility has to be an essential element of any regulatory norm prescribed for small borrowers, or borrowers whose cash inflows happen only once a month or quarter
FDs offer liquidity and ensure interest income periodically