1984 - Advent Computer Services Ltd. (Advent) was incorporated on
22nd February, under the Companies Act, 1956 in Chennai and
obtained Certificate of Commencement of Business on the 16th
March, from Registrars of Companies, Tamil Nadu at Chennai.
- The Companies main object is to carry on the business of
manufacturers and dealers in computers, computer hardware,
computer software and computer systems both in India and
- The Company was established as 100% EOU at Chennai, and
by Mr. Michael Arul an ex-IBM technocrat, Mrs. Jennifer Arul
- The Company was set up to primarily export business
software designed to run on IBM S/38 computer system that had
been introduced in market at that time by IBM.
1987 - One of the Advent's key objectives was to develop a World
Software package for the Wholesale Distribution Industry for
1988 - IBM introduced the IBM AS/400 Computer System which employs
exactly the same architecture as the IBM S/38.
- Advent foresaw this potential and decided to build a world
distribution and financial software package called ADS 400
designed to run on the IBM AS/400 computer system.
1991 - The Promoter Mr. Michael Arul acquired 50% shares of the
held by ELCOT at a rate of Rs.242.02 per share (Rs.100 Face
Value) for consideration in cash (demand draft).
- Some of the largest and most advanced computer installations
the country were installed namely, National Information
New Delhi, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research and
of Space, Tumba, Kerala.
1992 - Distribution Agreement was made on 22nd August, between the
Company and Asian Computer Services PTE Ltd. Singapore.
1993 - The Company issued Bonus Shares in the ratio of three shares
every four shares held on 23rd August.
- On 23rd August the company has capitalised the Reserve by
adopting following scheme:
- a) Unpaid amount on 75000 Equity shares of 100/- each allotted
05/05/90 (afterwards subdivided into Rs 10/- each) at the rate
Rs 25/- per share made fully paid up by capitalising the
- b) Issued fully paid shares to the shareholders (other than
shareholders whose shares have been fully paid up by
reserve referred to in `a' above) by capitalising reserve to
extent of Rs 18,35,000/- divided into 18,350 No. of Equity
of Rs 100/- each.
- c) Issued Bonus shares in ratio of 3 shares for every 4
held. Total number of shares issued 12,50,625 shares of 100
(afterwards subdivided into Rs 10/- each).
1995 - The Company successfully launched ADS 400 in South East Asia,
comprehensive distribution management system for the
is now poised to enter the largest and most lucrative market
the world for such application software packages viz. the
States of America.
- Advent has also tied up selling/distributor arrangments in
East Asia with the Haw Par Group who are one of the leading
- The Company has strategic alliance with IBM through TISL
(Business Partner), which would help to maintain in
- Authorised Share Capital Rs 8,10,00,000 divided into
No. of equity shares of Rs 10/- each as on 30th June.
- MoU was signed between CRB Capital Markets Ltd., the Lead
and the Company.
- MoU was signed between Foresight Financial Services Ltd., the
Lead Manager and the Company.
- Software Distribution Agreement was made on 24th January,
between company and Intentia A.B., Sweden.
1996 - The company has also developed its own software packages to
address the areas of retail and distribution businesses.
packages are of international quality and are likely to
business in India as well as overseas.
1997 - There are over 4,00,000 AS/400s installed and in terms of
represents over 26% of IBM's global revenues.
1999 - The Chennai-based Advent Computer Services Ltd has entered
a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with L & T Information
Technology Ltd (LTITL) for managing the operations and
- Advent has also entered into an agreement with CCG, an
information technology firm marketing ADS 400.
- ACS recently made a preferential allotment of 13.75 lakh
shares at a price of Rs 23 and the same number of convertible
warrants at a price of Rs 50 each to foreign institutional
investors (FIIs), mutual funds, corporates and individual
investors for an aggregate amount of Rs 10 crore.
2000 - Advent Computer services, a Chennai based software company has
acquired two unlisted companies -- Ibhar Software Private
Softsolutions Private Ltd.
-Company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with TVS
Electronics Ltd, Chennai. The following are the main terms and
conditions of the MOU
1. Advent would provide technologies of Tuxia GmbH, Germany to TVS
Electronics Ltd (TVSE) for incorporating the same in to Set Top Boxes
to be manufactured by TVSE as per Advent's Specifications
2. TVSE has agreed to be Advent's manufacturing partner to provide
support in Indian and Global market for Set Top Boxes in the areas of
Engineering, Product management, Sourcing, Manufacturing and after
sales service using 300 location of TVSE in India
3. TVSE would manufacture Set Top Boxes according to specification
provided by Advent on terms and conditions to be defined in a
4. TVSE has agreed to provide manufacturing capacity as follows
a. 15000 units per month in First Quarter
b. 30000 units per month in Second Quarter
c. 50000 units per month in Third Quarter
d. 60000 units per month in Fourth Quarter
-Out come of AGM
The company has agreed to Delist equity shares
from the Ahmedabad and Chennai
The members have agreed to issue 18,40,000 equity
shares at Rs 10/- each to M/s CCG Global Ltd, Mauritius for acquiring
exclusive marketing rights of Products and Technologies developed by
M/s Tuxia GmbH, Germany for Indian Territory.
To Issue 4,60,000 equity shares at Rs 10/- each to
M/s Tuxia, GmbH, Germany for on-going support for all Products and
Technologies and for getting new Products and upgrades from them for
a period of 5 years.
The members have agreed to increase the
Authorised capital from Rs 150 million to 180 million.
- Advent Computer Services Ltd has appointed Mr. Madhavaraj Suresh
as an Additional Director of the Company.
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted To New No. 121,
Old No. 347, Pantheon Road, Egmore, Chennai - 600 008.
-IT software products supplying company Advent Computer Services
board has appointed Satellite Corporate Services Private Limited as
its new Registrar & Transfer Agent (RTA).