1983 - The Company was Incorporated on 24th November, as a private
limited company and was converted into a public limited
on 3rd April 1984. The company's object is Owning and
ships. Initially it was promoted by T.V. Ramachandran
entire shareholding was acquired by Mr. H.K. Mittal and
- A mini bulk carrier M.V. Sundari of 900 DWT was acquired
to ply on the Indian coast with the shipping Development
Committee Loan assistance. Over a period of 7-8 years,
company acquired further 3 more vessels for operations.
present there are 4 vessels which includes 2 tankers and
cum bulk carrier.
1993 - During the year under review the company has acquired an oil
tanker of capacity of
1000 dwt which has been successfully put into operation
- The company proposes to make a public issue of 3342500
equity shares of Rs. 10/- each
at a premium of Rs. 10/- each, aggregating to Rs. 668.50
lakhs. The company proposes to
tap the primary capital market in the month of
1994 - 16,65,620 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each issued and of
16,57,500 No. of equity shares were subscribed and paid
these 8,40,000 shares were issued as bonus shares.
No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each were then issued at a
Rs.10 each as follows:
- (i) 80,000 shares to promoters.
- (ii) 8,00,000 shares to NRIs on repatriation basis (only
shares taken up.
- (iii) 3,00,000 shares to Indian Mutual Funds (only
shares taken up).
- Balance 21,62,500 shares along with 3,85,000 shares not
by NRIs and Mutual Funds (1,50,000 shares) were issued
public (all were taken up).
- The Company has made its maiden Public issue of 33,42,500
No. of Equity Shares of
Rs 10/- each at a premium of Rs 10/- each and the basis
of allotment was finalised in
consultation with the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- The Company has undertaken a major expansion drive to add
9 tanker vessels during
the current year at an aggregate cost of Rs 13 Crores.
1996 - During the year the Company acquired and commenced the
of one mini tanker taking the number of own fleet to
Power Station of BSES at Dahanu.
- The Company had drawn an expansion programme to acquire
barges to cope-up with the additional requirements
arising out of
the contract executed with BSES Ltd., for lighterage
at Thermal Power Station at Dahanu. The Company also
acquire one super speciality tanker for carrying acids.
1997 - The Company undertook to acquire second hand bulk cum cargo
carrier of size about 400 DWT for plying between the
of India, the Gulf for carriage of general cargo and
- The company has drawn an expansion programme to acquire
four barges to
cope-up with the additional requirements arising out of
the contract executed with
BSES Ltd., for lighterage activities at its Thermal
Power station at Dahanu.
- Dr. S.S. Vaman resigned from the Board with effect from
1st August and as a consequence
also ceased to be Executive Director.
1998 - The Company has won a contract with M/s. Indian Oil
Corporation Ltd. against stiff
competition, for transportation of bulk petroleum
products on the East Coast.
1999 - During the year under review, the Company acquired one second
hand tanker vessel of
9755 DWT. During the year, the Company also acquired
one tug and four lash barges through
its internal accruals only.
- The Company has developed strong fundamentals which has
created good image and
trust among the customers of the Company.
2000 - The Company has signed an agreement with CDSL and NSDL for
-Global Trust Bank (GTB) divests its holding of 5 per cent in the
-Mercator Lines acquires one second hand aframax tanker of 94706
M/tons Dead Weight Tonnage (DWT) under second phase of its expansion
-Mercator Lines divests four per cent stake to Canara Bank & Bank of
-Bags mn contract from M/s BG Exploration & Production for
charter hire of a vessel for a period of 5 years
-Mercator Lines has bagged MRPL's contract to transport six million
tonne of crude on a world scale 2004 of 129.
-The Singapore-based Indiaman Funds (Mauritius) has picked up a stake
of around five per cent in the Mercator Lines at Rs 275 per share
-Mercator Lines gets listed on NSE with effect from June 20, 2005
-Mercator Lines signs MOA for rights of operating on Geared Panamax
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Re 1
-Mercator Lines Limited has informed that Mr. Nilesh Jain, an
Associate member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India, has
been appointed as Company Secretary and Compliance Officer of the
-Mercator has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 3:2
- Ms. Supriya Joshi, an associate member of 'Institute of Company
Secretaries of India' and a Law Graduate; has been appointed as Dy.
Company Secretary & Compliance Officer of the Company.
- Mercator Lines to acquire 4 Dry Bulk Vessels totaling 305,00.
- Mercator Lines Ltd has informed that the Company has been awarded a
contract by Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOC) for transportation of
approximately 12 million tons crude oil over a period of 15 months
(incl. extensions) commencing from July 2007.
- Recommended @ 100% i.e. Re 1/- per share on Equity Shares of Rs 1/-
each for the financial year ended on March 31, 2007.
- Mercator Lines Ltd has informed that the Company on January 08,
2008 has acquired a 2007 built vessel (Dredger). This is third in its
- Recommended dividend @ 110% i.e. Rs 1.10/- per share on Equity
Shares of Re 1/ each for the financial year ended on March 31, 2008.
- Mercator Lines sitting on 3-bn tonne of coal reserves.
- Mercator Lines Ltd has informed regarding announcement in respect
of acquisition of vessel, submitted by the Companys subsidiary,
Mercator Lines (Singapore) Ltd, to Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Mercator Lines Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated
March 16, 2009 titled Mercator Lines acquires Jack Up Rig at Rs 1000
Cr and Deploys Immediately for Three Years.
- Board has recommended dividend @ 50%.
- Mercator Lines Ltd has informed BSE that the Company has on
December 01, 2009 taken delivery of a 1993 built M.R. Tanker of
- Appointment of Mr.Kapil Garg as an Additional Director of the
- Appointment of Ms.Suchita Shirambekar, as Company Secretary:
Ms.Suchita Shirambekar is an Associate Member of Institute of Company
Secretaries of India, New Delhi and also a Law graduate. She will also
act as Compliance Officer.
- Board has Recommended dividend @ 20%.
-MercatorLine - MOL has delivered the Rig to the buyer in Singapore.
- MercatorLine - Acquisition of 50% stake in East Kalimanthan,
- Mercator Lines Ltd has informed BSE that the Company's subsidiary
M/s. Mercator Oil & Gas Limited, India has been awarded a contract by
ONGC Ltd. for conversion of their Mobile Offshore Drilling Unit (MODU)
Sagar Samrat into Mobile Offshore Production Unit (MOPU).
- Mercator Lines Ltd has informed BSE that as approved by the
shareholders at their AGM held on September 22, 2011 and by ROC vide
their Certificate dated November 22, 2011; name of the Company has
been changed from Mercator Lines Limited to Mercator Limited.
- MercatorLine - Mercator Limited Annual Report Receives Global
- Miss. Priya Vishwanathan (ACS) has been appointed as Company
Secretary of the Company.
- Mercator receives new CARE ratings.
-Mercator Ltd has secured 2 new orders from Paradip Port Trust for
Maintenance Dredging of the Approach and Extended Approach Channel to
be executed over a period of 3 years aggregating to Rs. 210 cr
-Mercator Ltd has informed that Mrs. Amruta Sant has been appointed
as Company Secretary of the Company with effect from December 12,
2013. She will also act as Compliance officer.
-Mercator wins Rs 210 cr orders from Paradip Port Trust
-Mercator opens the FCCB Issue for subscription at an initial
conversion price of Rs. 38.30
-Mercator Ltd has has acquired one 1992 built Very Large Gas Carrier
-Mercator Ltd has Recommended dividend @10% i.e. Re. 0.10/- per share
on Equity Shares of Re. 1/- each.