Jun 08, 2021 05:02 PM IST
Kirtan Shah, co-founder and chief executive officer of SRE Wealth, talks to Moneycontrol’s Jash Kriplani on how index funds and ETFs can impact investors
- May 28, 2021 04:00 PM IST
- May 06, 2021 09:54 AM IST
The Nifty Next 50 is not as heavily exposed to banking and financials, and also allows investors to participate in more sectors
- Mar 25, 2021 04:31 PM IST
- Mar 05, 2021 08:00 PM IST
New guidelines say voting can even be done at scheme-level if fund manager has a different view than the fund house.
- Dec 21, 2020 10:07 AM IST
Index funds can be chosen for holding a major part of your large-cap exposure. But do keep in mind the concentration risk
- Jul 22, 2020 10:13 AM IST
On the debt side, active funds are still the better option
- Jun 23, 2020 09:41 AM IST
There is little possibility that fund managers will consistently beat benchmarks across time periods
- Nov 15, 2019 08:53 AM IST
They may be averse to truly hold on to big bets since they are not confident of investors’ ability to stay the course
- Oct 31, 2019 06:20 PM IST
Index mutual funds allow shareholders to reinvest their dividends automatically, commission-free. ETFs don't usually offer that service, and if they do, they are less efficient.
- Sep 20, 2019 08:52 AM IST
If you're having or if you're trying to have a large-cap exposure, passive investing, especially if it is at the right price, can make sense for a lot of investors.
- Aug 12, 2019 10:01 AM IST
ETFs and index funds have immense inherent value as the cheaper alternative investment products
- Jun 07, 2019 09:06 AM IST
Of 29 large-cap schemes, only three outperformed their respective benchmark indices
- Jun 04, 2019 04:01 PM IST
A quantitative element is coded into every fund at some level; it’s just that in a quant fund, the judgement call of a fund manager is taken away
- Mar 18, 2019 12:36 PM IST
- Mar 13, 2019 09:31 AM IST
- Feb 07, 2019 08:05 AM IST
The purpose of an index fund is lost if it does not follow the index.
- Mar 15, 2017 02:48 PM IST
- Jul 13, 2016 01:15 PM IST
Though some exchange traded funds mimic popular stock indices, they are not the same.
- Jun 15, 2016 05:28 PM IST
The choice within the banking space is huge and hence here is a look at what one can expect.
- Feb 01, 2016 12:40 PM IST
SEBI has asked the mutual funds to come with some uniformity when it comes to reporting of NAV.
- Feb 19, 2014 02:27 PM IST
Watch the interview of Harsh Roongta of apnapaisa.com with Ekta Batra on CNBC-TV18, in which he spoke about including index funds in one's portfolio.
- Feb 01, 2014 11:25 AM IST
Here are some points one must look into before investing in mutual funds.
- Apr 16, 2013 04:21 PM IST
In an interview to CNBC-TV18, Gaurav Mashruwala, Certified Financial Planner compared various aspects of index funds and actively managed funds.
- Jan 05, 2013 05:36 PM IST
Index funds invest in a basket of stocks of an index (like Sensex, Nifty, Junior Nifty or even sectoral index such as Bankex and Infrastructure) in a similar manner that reflects the allocation of a benchmark index.