Linking Aadhar with Paytm Account - Find out the easy & simple ways to link Aadhar Card with your Paytm account. Read more to understand the importance & benefits of linking your Paytm with Aadhar card.
Many Paytm users are facing issues making payments because their Aadhaar is not linked with their account. It is important to link Aadhaar to Paytm to identify and verify the information of users. Once you link your Aadhaar with the Paytm app, you will be able to make the most of a host of benefits and enjoy a higher spending limit. The entire process of linking Aadhaar with Paytm is simple and quick. You can choose to link online or offline as per your convenience.
How to link Paytm with Aadhaar for KYC
You can link your Aadhaar with Paytm offline. For this, you will have to visit the nearest Paytm office. If you want to know how to link Aadhaar with Paytm, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download and open the Paytm app on your phone and visit the Home page.
- Now click on Link Aadhaar option and enter your Aadhaar number with your name.
- Provide your address and click on ‘Request an appointment’.
- This will complete your request, and you will be provided with an appointment within the next two days.
- On the day of your appointment, you will have to visit the nearest Paytm centre with your Aadhaar card and your PAN card to verify the account.
- You will have to provide your Aadhaar number, PAN card number and the registered mobile number on the Paytm app.
- The details will then be entered in the database and you will have to give your fingerprints to complete Aadhaar link to Paytm.
Complete your KYC with Paytm online
You can also link the Aadhaar with Paytm without visiting the Paytm office. If you want to link Aadhaar to Paytm online, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Launch the Paytm app and tap on the profile account at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now go to Edit Profile.
- Scroll down to the field for Aadhaar card and PAN card.
- To link Aadhaar card to Paytm, you need to enter the Aadhaar card number and your PAN number.
- Your Aadhaar and PAN will be linked to the Paytm profile in 48 hours after verification.
Please note that the Aadhaar card and PAN details which are entered once and verified cannot be changed or updated through the app. If you want to update the details, you will have to raise a new request.
Importance of linking Aadhaar with Paytm
It is essential for you to complete your KYC at the time of signing up for Paytm. If you are an existing user and have not completed the KYC process, you need to do it at the earliest. The minimum KYC requirements include details about PAN card, driving licence, voter ID etc. You will be able to use the Paytm account after fulfilling the minimum KYC requirements. You need to keep in mind that until full KYC details are provided, you will not be able to keep an amount exceeding Rs 10,000 in the wallet. You will also be unable to make a transaction to other wallets or bank accounts. In addition to the minimum KYC requirement, you will also have to link Aadhaar with Paytm for complete KYC within 1 year from the date of registration. There are several benefits of doing the same.
Benefits of linking Aadhaar with Paytm
There are numerous benefits of linking Aadhaar with Paytm. Here are some of them.
- When you are a verified Paytm user, you can keep up to Rs 1 lakh in your e-wallet and enjoy unlimited spending throughout the month.
- Once you link Aadhaar with Paytm, you can also open a savings account with Paytm Payment Bank and earn interest on your savings.
- You will be able to transfer money to other bank accounts and e-wallets with ease.
- You can benefit from several discounts as well as offers by Paytm.
- The Paytm Payment Banks offer numerous benefits like zero transaction fees and zero minimum balance.
Some common questions about Aadhaar linking with Paytm are discussed below.
Why do I need to link my Aadhaar with Paytm account?
As per RBI guidelines, you are required to link the Aadhaar with your e-wallet for additional security. It will become easier to verify and identify you as a user and this will help bring down fraud and theft. However, the Supreme Court has ruled that such linking is not mandatory.
What is the maximum transaction limit in a Paytm Payments Bank?
The maximum limit is Rs 1 lakh only for KYC-registered users. If you have not submitted your KYC documents, you will not be able to make a transaction of more than Rs 20,000 in a month.
Is it safe to link my Aadhaar with Paytm?
Yes it is absolutely safe to link your Aadhaar card with your Paytm app.
UIDAI has all my details including my bank account, PAN and biometrics. Will it be able to track my activities?This is a misconception many citizens have. UIDAI only has information that you give at the time of enrolment or updating. This will include your name, address, date of birth and gender. Also, UIDAI will have your ten fingerprints, your facial photograph and two IRIS scans, your mobile number and an email ID. It has no information about the bank accounts, mutual funds, shares, property details, family, religion, caste, financial details, education etc. and it will never have this information on the database. You can be rest assured that UIDAI will not be able to track the activities or will not share this information with a third party.You can now invest in mutual funds with moneycontrol. Download moneycontrol transact app. A dedicated app to explore, research and buy mutual funds.
Get Lok Sabha 2019 Live Election Results, constituency-wise tally, news, views and analysis
Follow our Lok Sabha Election Result Live Blog here.