- Vista Equity Partners completes hat-trick of deals for Jio with Rs 11,367 crore infusion
- Jio Platforms has raised ₹ 60,596 crore from leading technology investors so far
- Helps re-rates Jio; Jio commands 32 percent of the market share of subscribers now
- Accelerates deleveraging efforts; on track to become zero debt company
- Recent corporate announcements create huge value for RIL shareholders
Global technology investors have warmed up to the idea of Jio as a platform company, as it attracts its third deal in a span of three weeks, that too in a globally depressed market. While back to back deals continue to re-rate Jio and RIL, the strong interest confirms not merely the platform’s potential but also the zero-debt target for the group company.
Within three weeks of announcing its first Jio-Facebook deal, today a third deal came to fruition with Vista Equity Partners, a software and technology investor. Vista Equity Partners – a leading investment firm for technology enabled companies-- decided to invest Rs11,367 crore in Jio Platforms for an equity stake of 2.32 percent. This assigns an equity value of Rs4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of Rs5.16 lakh crore and represents a similar valuation as the Silver Lake investment. Jio Platforms has now raised a massive Rs60,596.37 crore from leading technology investors in less than three weeks.