Company History - Williamson Magor and Company
1949 - The Company was established on 10th March, at Calcutta. The
Company was formed by the merger of two of the Inchcape
firms viz. Macneill & Co., & Barry & Co. The Company is
is the Business of agents, distributors, Registrars,
tea warehousemen, apart from cultivation, manufacture, sale
export of tea.
1956 - The Company acquired Kilburn & Co. Ltd. which was
amalgamated with the Company on 18th March 1968.
1968 - The Bukhial Tea Estates Ltd., & The Divai Tea Co. Ltd., were
amalgamated with the Company on 2nd November.
1970 - Baghjan Tea Co. (1935) Ltd. & Precision Tools India Ltd.,
amalgamated with this Company on 31st March & 8th May 1973
1974 - Williamson Magor & Co. Ltd. was amalgamated with the Company
effective 1st January.
1975 - The name of the company was changed from Macneill & Barry Ltd.
Macneil Magor Ltd. effective from 21st April.
1976 - Effective 31st December, Gohpur Tea Co. Ltd., The New Assam
Valley Tea Co. Ltd. & The New Monknooshi Tea Co. Ltd. were
amalgamated with the Company.
1992 - The name of the Company has been changed to the present one
effect from 12th May.
1993 - Pursuant to the Scheme of Amalgamation, 72,31,000 No. of
shares were allotted to the erstwhile holders of the Glenburn
Leyia tea estates.
- Fairlie Place Services Ltd., Woodside Parks Ltd., Dirai
Investments Ltd., Mejerhat Estates 7 Developers Ltd.,
Estates Ltd., Rupajuli Company (India) Ltd. and The Bishnauth
Company Ltd. are the Subsidiaries of the company.
- 84,78,180 No. of equity shares issued for consideration other
than cash. 54,78,180 bonus equity shares issued in prop.
2002-D Khaitan ceases to be MD of Williamson Magor & Co.
- Mr. D K Pal of ICICI Bank Ltd has joined the BoD as a nominee of
ICICI Bank Ltd.
-Williamson Magor enters into Non-compete Agreement with Flender
- Williamson Magor & Co Ltd has appointed Mr. D. Pal Chowdhury as
Manager of the Company for a period of 1 year with effect from April
- Williamson Magor & Co Ltd has informed that Mr. Bharat Bajoria has
been appointed as an Independent Director of the Company with effect
from December 18, 2008.
- Williamson Magor & Company Ltd has appointed Mr. H M Parekh as an
Independent Director of the Company with effect from March 30, 2009.
- Mr. D. Pal Choudhury has been reappointed as Manager of the
- Re-appointment of Mr. D. Pal Choudhury as the Manager of the
- Williamson Magor auctions 51% stake in two of its subsidiaries.
- Mr. Tuladri Mallick has been appointed as the Manager and the Chief
Financial Officer (CFO) of the Company.