Company History - Andhra Cement
Andhra Cement was incorporated on 9th December 1936 under the Indian
Companies Act, 1913. The first unit with a capacity of 100 tonnes
per day was commissioned at Vijayawada in 1940. The capacity was
extended in three stages in 1951,1958 and 1970. By 1970, the total
capacity of the factory reached 2.4 lakh tonnes of cement per annum.
The company manufactures cement. It markets the products under the
trade name 'Durga Brand'. During 1989-90 there was a sharp decline in
Clinker and Cement production due to erratic and inadequate supply of
coal, paucity of working capital, continuous power cut etc. During
same year (1989-90), the company came under the provisions of the
Sick Industrial Companies Act, 1985. During 1990-91, production
increased significantly by 72% despite shortage of fuel, power cuts
and severe paucity of funds.
-Delist from The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd (DSE) with
effect from December 11, 2004.
- ICICI finalizes Rs 50-cr equity pact with Andhra Cement.
- Andhra Cement Ltd. appointed Shri Amitava Mondal as a Non-executive
/ Independent Director.
-Andhra Cements Ltd has re-appointed Mr. K N Bhandari as 'Independent
Director' of the Company w.e.f. August 21, 2007.
- Andhra Cements Ltd Company's shares will be listed in National
Stock Exchange of India Ltd (NSE) w.e.f. November 08, 2010
-Andhra Cements Ltd has entered into a Share Subscription and Share
Purchase Agreement to acquire 48,119,550 Equity Shares from the
persons belonging to promoter and promoter group (Sellers)
-Andhra Cements appointed Shri B. K. Taparia (Independent Director)
and Shri V. K. Jain as Directors of the Company.
-Andhra Cement has recommended a Dividend of Rs. 6/- per share.
-Andhra Cements starts production of cement at AP plant.