Carlyle Group will make the investment in Bharti Airtel's Nxtra Data at a valuation of $1.2 billion.
The transaction values the Piramal Pharma at an enterprise value (EV) of $2.77 billion with an upside component of up to $360 million depending on the company’s FY21 performance.
Carlyle Group has been in talks with Sequent Scientific's founders Arun Kumar and KR Ravishankar.
Carlyle is pressing ahead to sell its shares in the firm through its subsidiary firm CA Lotus Investments, said a source.
State Bank of India holds a 74 percent stake in the company while private equity giant Carlyle holds the remaining 26 percent.
Wockhardt has a diversified product portfolio with presence in therapeutic segments such as cardiology, dermatology, diabetes, respiratory and ophthalmology. It is not clear which of these divisions will be sold.
Vaibhavi Khanwalkar gets in a conversation with Moneycontrol's Ashwin Mohan to find out more about the stake sale.
In November 2017, Lotte Confectionery had acquired Ahmedabad-based Havmor Ice Cream for Rs 1,020 crore in an all-cash deal. The deal was valued at two and a half times Havmor's Rs 400 crore turnover, raising expectations of better valuations for regional ice-cream companies
Following the transaction, Cardif's stake in SBI Life has come down to 12.8 percent from 22 percent while Carlyle's holding through CA Emerald Investments is at nine percent.
The sale could happen through a combination of primary capital infusion or a secondary stake sale or a combination of both
State Bank of India’s credit cards business venture SBI Cards is likely to have finalised on private equity firm Carlyle as a new partner.
Punjab National Bank (PNB) shares rallied more than 2 percent intraday Wednesday after a media report indicated that its home finance subsidiary has appointed three investment banks for its IPO.
The global cement major expects Rs 11,000 crore valuation for the capacity. JSW Group, CVC and Piramal in race to buy the assets.
CNBC-TV18 special brings you the winners of Time 'Make in India' Awards. Eminent panellists in discussion are Yogesh Agarwal, Managing Director of Ajanta Pharma, Rajesh Agarwal, Joint Managing Director of Ajanta Pharma, Shankar Narayanan, Managing Director of Carlyle in India; Norman Pearlstine, the Chief Content Officer at Time Inc.
Under the terms of the deal, the buyer would also take over the cement unit's outstanding debt of Rs 24 billion, giving the business an enterprise value of Rs 50 billion, the source told Reuters, declining to be identified ahead of a public announcement.
Under takeover rules, Carlyle has until September 25 to make a firm offer for Innovation or announce it does not intend to make an offer.
Two big multinational companies are in race to buy Tata Communications' data centre business, according to a media report.
Telecom operator Reliance Communications is in talks with American Tower Company (ATC) and Carlyle to sell majority stake in its tower subsidiary Reliance Infratel in the current financial year.
NCMSL chief financial officer Ashok Dhamankar declined to comment. A spokesman for Fairfax India and officials at Carlyle, Bain and Blackstone also declined to comment. The sources declined to be identified because they were not allowed to talk to the media.
Private equity player General Atlantic is looking to pick up the Godrej Group‘s 38.4 percent controlling interest in IT company Geometric, sources have told CNBC-TV18‘s Kritika Saxena.
Carlyle India and Asia Managing Director Shankar Narayanan says that foreign investment is set to pick up in India like never before.
In a candid interview with CNBC-TV18's Kritika Saxena at the sidelines of the VC Circle India Limited Partners Summit 2014, Shankar Narayan, MD, Carlyle and Sanjay Kukreja, MD of Chrys Capital both seemed to agree that 2014 will be a good year and that elections will not play a role in their investments.
First Carlyle Ventures Mauritius, a unit of Carlyle Group, had in 2007 acquired majority stake in Cyberoam's parent company Elitecore Technologies. The network security business got spun off into a separate entity in 2012.