Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on May 30 announced the new guidelines for lockdown 5.0. In an order issued, all activities outside containment zones will be permitted.
Here are the Key highlights of Lockdown 5.0:
1. In phase one, Religious places, Hotels, Restaurants, Shopping malls to open from June 8 outside containment zones.
2. In the second phase, Schools, colleges and educational institutes will be opened after consultations with states and union territories. Based on the feedback, decision will be taken in the month of July 2020.
3. In the third phase, Dates for restarting International air travel except as permitted by MHA, Metro Rail, Cinema halls, gyms, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls, Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other large congregations will be decided after assessing the situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
A vaccine works by mimicking a natural infection. A vaccine not only induces immune response to protect people from any future COVID-19 infection, but also helps quickly build herd immunity to put an end to the pandemic. Herd immunity occurs when a sufficient percentage of a population becomes immune to a disease, making the spread of disease from person to person unlikely. The good news is that SARS-CoV-2 virus has been fairly stable, which increases the viability of a vaccine.
There are broadly four types of vaccine — one, a vaccine based on the whole virus (this could be either inactivated, or an attenuated [weakened] virus vaccine); two, a non-replicating viral vector vaccine that uses a benign virus as vector that carries the antigen of SARS-CoV; three, nucleic-acid vaccines that have genetic material like DNA and RNA of antigens like spike protein given to a person, helping human cells decode genetic material and produce the vaccine; and four, protein subunit vaccine wherein the recombinant proteins of SARS-COV-2 along with an adjuvant (booster) is given as a vaccine.
Vaccine development is a long, complex process. Unlike drugs that are given to people with a diseased, vaccines are given to healthy people and also vulnerable sections such as children, pregnant women and the elderly. So rigorous tests are compulsory. History says that the fastest time it took to develop a vaccine is five years, but it usually takes double or sometimes triple that time.
4. Movement of individual shall remain strictly prohibited between 9.00 pm to 5 am throughout the country, except for essential activities.
5. Lockdown to continue in the containment zone till June 30. The containment zones will be demarcated by district authorities.
6. States/UTs, based on their assessment of the situation, may prohibit certain activities outside the containment zones, or impose such restrictions as deemed necessary.
7. There shall be no restrictions on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods.
8. Persons above 65 years of age, person with co-morbidities ,pregnant women and children below 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential and health purposes.
9. Use of Aarogya setu app advisable for employees and individuals for early identification of potential risk.
10. Under the National Directives for COVID-19 Management, wearing of face masks remains mandatory in all public places, workplaces and during transportation.
10. Large public gatherings, congregrations to remain prohibited.
11. Spiting in public places, consummation of tobacco, gutka, paan,tobacco is prohibited.12. Work from home should be followed as far as possible.