The novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, pandemic has spread across 184 countries and territories. Today is the fifteenth day of India's 21-day lockdown. The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in India stands at 5,274. The Union Health Ministry has said that 149 people have died due to the disease.
Globally, there have been over 14.3 lakh confirmed cases of COVID-19. At least 82,000 people have died so far. With just under 4 lakh, the US has the highest number of confirmed cases. The US
Coronavirus in Madhya Pradesh LIVE Updates | CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan: Indore, Bhopal and Ujjain to be completely sealed as there are more Coronavirus cases in these cities. District admin to ensure the supply of essential commodities in these areas. Nobody will be allowed to go in and out of these areas.
Coronavirus in Delhi LIVE Updates | Delhi Govt: NDMC (New Delhi Municipal Council) to immediately sanitise Bengali Market area under the containment plan to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Delhi Police to immediately cordon off the area to prevent movement of people.
Coronavirus in Mumbai LIVE Updates | In this tweet from Aaditya Thackeray: The National Sports Club of India (NSCI) Dome being transformed into a huge quarantine centre as we step up our contact tracing and testing in BMC Ward G-South. Till now, our contact tracing has been highest and testing too. Ensuring that carriers are isolated for their own safety and for that of others.
The NSCI Dome being transformed into a huge quarantine centre as we step up our contact tracing and testing in @mybmcWardGS . Till now, our contact tracing has been highest and testing too. Ensuring that carriers are isolated for their own safety and for that of others pic.twitter.com/tjv5e3eKqV— Aaditya Thackeray (@AUThackeray) April 8, 2020
Coronavirus in Delhi LIVE Updates | Delhi Government: With 93 new COVID-19 positive cases today, total number of positive cases in Delhi rise to 669. Total 9 deaths have been reported till now.
Coronavirus in Rajasthan LIVE Updates | Rajasthan Health Department: 40 COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Rajasthan today. Total cases in the state stands at 383.
Coronavirus in Pune LIVE Updates | Shekhar Gaikwad, Commissioner, Pune Municipal Commission: Two more COVID-19 positive deaths have been reported in Pune today. Death toll rises to 18 of which 10 deaths have been reported today.
Coronavirus in Andaman and Nicobar LIVE Updates | Woman tests positive for COVID-19 in Andaman and Nicobar Islands; cases rise to 11.
Coronavirus in Delhi LIVE Updates | Following are the areas identified as hotspots by Delhi government and which will be sealed:
1. Entire effected street near Gandhi Pqrk, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi
2. Entire effected street of Gali No 6 , L 1 Sangam Vihar, New Delhi.
3. Shahajahanabad society, plot no 1, Sector 11, Dwarka.
4. Dinpur Village
5. Markaz Masjid and Nizamuddin Basti
6. Nizamuddin West (G and D block) areas.
7. B Block Jhangirpuri.
8. H. No 141 to H. No 180, Gali no. 14, Kalyanpuri Delhi
9. Mansara Appartments , Vasundhara Enclave, Delhi
10. 3 Galis of Khichirpur including Gali containing H. No. 5/387 Khichirpur Delhi
11. Gali No 9, Pandav Nagar , Delhi 110092.
12. VarDhaman Appartments , Mayur Vihar, Phase I , Extension, Delhi
13. Mayurdhwaj Appartments , I P Extension, Patparganj, Delhi
14. Gali no. 4, from H. No. J- 3/115 ( Nagar Dairy) to H. No. J- 3/108( towards Anar wali Masjid Chowk), Kishan Kunj Extension, Delhi
15. Gali No. 4, from H. No J- 3/101 to H. No. J - 3/107 Krishan Kunj Extension Delhi.
16. Gali No. 5, A Block ( From H No. A- 176 to A-189), WestVinod NagarDelhi 110092.
17. J & K , L and H pockets Dilshad Garden
18. G, H, J, Blocks old Seemapuri
19. F- 70 to 90 block Dilshad Colony
20. Pratap khand , Jhilmil Colony.
Coronavirus wrap April 8 | Here are the top developments of the day
The total number of coronavirus cases in the country rose to 5,274 on Wednesday, registering an increase of 485 cases in the last 24 hours, while the death toll stood at 149, the Union Health Ministry said.... Read More
Coronavirus in Uttarakhand LIVE Updates | Directorate of Health Services, Uttarakhand: Two more COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Uttarakhand today, taking the total number of positive cases to 35.
Coronaviris in Delhi LIVE Updates | Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia: Some positive cases have been reported in Sadar area so the area has been sealed. Total 20 hot spots have been identified in Delhi, nobody will be allowed to enter or exit from these areas.