LYCOS (NSE & BSE: “LYCOS” or the “company”), one of ...
- Q3 consolidated revenue of Rs.718.27 Crores, up 20.58% year-over-year
- Q3 consolidated EBITDA of Rs.199.94 Crores
- Q3 profit after tax of Rs.125.17 crores
- Q3 consolidated earnings per share (EPS) of Rs.2.63
Revenue for Q3 FY2015-16 was Rs.718.27 crores, an increase of 27.11% Q-o-Q and 20.58% Y-o-Y. EBIDTA for Q3 FY2015-16 was Rs.199.94 crores, an increase of 9.42% Q-o-Q and increase of 22.35% Y-o-Y. PAT for Q3 FY2015-16 was Rs.125.17 crores, an increase of 19.02% Q-o-Q and increase of 26.60% Y-o-Y.
Revenue from Digital Marketing Segment for Q3 FY2015-16 was Rs.609.35 crores, an increase of 32.94 % Q-o-Q and an increase of 23.58% Y-o-Y. PBT from Digital Marketing Segment for Q3 FY2015-16 was Rs.179.31 crores, an increase of 10.46% Q-o-Q and an increase of 25.86% Y-o-Y. Revenue from Software Development Segment for Q3 FY2015-16 was Rs.108.92crores, an Increase of 2.08% Q-o-Q and an increase of 6.18% Y-o-Y.
“The team has delivered great results in bringing home the numbers. Video and Programmatic advertising have dominated sales yet another quarter,” said Suresh Reddy, Chairman and CEO of LYCOS.
|Q3 2015-16||Q2 2015-16||Q3 2014-15||QOQ||YOY||Year Ended|
|31st March 2015|
- Media Buying (Publishers): Our participation in Adtech New York brought forth new businesses from existing publisher groups in expanding our business in more territories
- Programmatic buying became an important part of our media supply
- A New video product: Vid-In was launched. Vid-In is an O&O placement, above the fold with good viewability and customization. It’s one of the premium video products in the market
- We also developed our mobile activity with the launch of mobile app supply
- Business Intelligence: We are able to now optimize yield based on Ad types and formats of the video players for our advertisers
- Auto-tools development: This quarter we proceeded with the development of auto tools, enabling advanced alert capabilities for best pricing on media. The tools also enable bid optimization which automatically finds the optimal bid in different demand side platforms. This solution has already been launched at of one of our larger client installs of Compass
- Compass: We released the header bidding solution to both manage a publisher’s auctions and participate in it as pre-bid partner
- Team is working on a major relaunch of the site and services across the network.
- The new edition of the Band and the Ring help users quickly & easily manage their online life
- The most noticeable change users will experience is a new, customizable dashboard allowing people to see most of the features on a single screen
- Significant progress in the development of the marketing messaging for the brand ‘LIFE’ and the products. Initial testing started through Facebook and other stake holders through email
- A new company website was launched www.aplyindia.com
- A new product website was launched www.aplymart.com
- Demo of the platform for online stores is now open to all visitors
- The first client is on board for cross-border commerce from the leather apparels/accessories segment
Conference Call Details
LYCOS will host a conference call on Wednesday, February 10, 2016, at 3.30 pm IST (Indian Standard Time) to discuss the financial results. Call-in details will be available from the Investor Relations page of the company's website at http://corp.lycos.com/investors/
LYCOS is one of the original and most widely known Internet brands in the world, evolving from pioneering search on the web, into a family of three business units covering digital media, marketing, and Internet of Things (IoT).
LYCOS Media is a network of easy-to-use community and social sites in 120 languages across 177 countries. LYCOS’ award-winning products and services include tools for blogging, web publishing and hosting, online games, e-mail, and search. The LYCOS Network of sites and services include Lycos.com, Tripod, Angelfire, HotBot, Gamesville, WhoWhere, and LYCOS Mail.
LYCOS Advertising enables businesses, agencies, and online publishers worldwide in meeting their digital marketing needs, serving 40 billion impressions every month. Clients include leading blue-chip advertisers like Airtel, British Airways, Coca-Cola, Hyundai Motors, ICICI Bank, ITC, ING, Lenovo, LIC, Maruti Suzuki, MTV, P&G, Qatar Airways, Samsung, Viacom, Sony, Star India, Vodafone, Titan, and Unilever. Publishers include Facebook, LinkedIn, MSN, Twitter, and Yahoo! LYCOS works with agencies like Havas Digital, JWT, Mediacom, Mindshare, Neo@Ogilvy, OgilvyOne, OMD, Satchi&Satchi, TBWA, and ZenithOptiMedia, to name a few.
LYCOS Life is the new consumer products division focussed on IoT. LYCOS Life is dedicated to the future of communication and information management in which everyday objects will be connected to the internet, also known as the “Internet of Things” (IoT).
LYCOS employs around 450 people working out of 24 offices worldwide, across the US, Israel, India, Western Europe, Australia and Latin America. For more information please visit www.lycos.com
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” – that is, statements related to future, not past, events. In this context, forward-looking statements often address our expected future business and financial performance, and often contain words such as “expects,” “anticipates,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “seeks,” “should” or “will.” Forward–looking statements by their nature address matters that are, to different degrees, uncertain. For us, uncertainties arise from the behavior of financial and digital marketing industry, and fluctuations in exchange rates; from future integration of businesses; and from numerous other matters of national, regional and global scale, including those of a political, economic, business, competitive or regulatory nature. These uncertainties may cause our actual future results to be materially different from those expressed in our forward-looking statements. We do not undertake to update our forward-looking statements.