Company History - Svam Software
- The company was incorporated on 24th January at New Delhi, and
obtained the certificate of Commencement of business on 13th Feb. It
was promoted by a group of first generation entrepreneurs and
professionals including Vinay Talwar, Sunil K. Dhamija, Anil Bansal
and Mukesh Gambhir.
- The main objective of the company is to manufacture Business of
development of software-cum-training centres.
- The company undertook to set up a software development centre in
Delhi and export software as an off-shore centre with dedicated
satellite links through VSNL initially connected to USA and later to
Europe and the Far East.
- The Company undertook to open computer training institutes for
imparting training on IBM computers and packages and also other
- The Company proposed to install computers in a number of schools to
impart basic training to school children.
- The Company plans to market software packages developed by others
so as to broadbase the software market under its own control.
- The Company had opened eight training institutes under the name
C-SET (Centre for Software Export and Training). It also bagged
several contracts from corporate clients and schools for
conducting computer training courses. During the year, the Company
entered into marketing tie up with Infolink solutions Inc. Maryland,
USA and Shining Start Pty. Ltd., Melbourne, Australia for procurement
of export orders.
- 58,87,500 No. of equity shares issued at par of which 11,62,500
shares were reserved and allotted to promoters, directors, etc.
- Out of the remaining 47,25,000 shares, 14,00,000 shares and 32,000
shares were reserved and allotted on preferential basis in MRIs and
- The remaining 32,93,000 shares were offered to the public during
November. (All were taken up).
- The company has also signed an MOU with UPDESCO of Lucknow for
providing trained man power as well as facilities on Unisys
platforms for software exports.
- The Company's Public issue of 47,25,000 No. of equity Shares of Rs
10/- each for cash at par had an overwhelming response from the
Indian Public and Non-Resident Indians.
- The Public Issue of 22,94,300 equity shares of Rs. 10 each for cash
at a premium of Rs. 5 per share aggregating to Rs.3,44,14,500 was
oversubscribed and shares were allotted on 18th April.
- The Company tied up with some of the best international software
product companies i.e. Symantec, Persoft Inc., Asymetrix Asia
Pacific, Statsoft, Charismatek Software Matrix etc. for marketing of
their products in India.
- The Company tied up with a Fortune 500 Company Active Voice, U.S.A.
for marketing of Voice Mail Systems in India.
- The Company was awarded exclusive distributorship of Corel Word
Perfect for marketing in India and neighbouring countries.
- Offer and issue of 60,00,000 equity shares of Rs.10 each through
private placement/preferential allotment/prospectus to
promoters/promoters group and other select group of persons at price
determined as per preferential allotment guidelines of SEBI.
- The Company has allotted 40,75,000 equity shares of Rs. 10 each at
par to the core promoter of the company viz., Mr. G.P. Surana, his
associates and group companies on preferential basis.
- Corel Corporation of Canada has entered into a long-term strategic
alliance with Delhi-based Svam Software Limited.
-Company has created E-mail ID for Investor Grievance purpose is:
- The registered office of the Company has been shifted from its
existing address to the new address at S-524, Vikas Marg, Shakarpur,