1968 - The Company was incorporated on 27th January as private
company under the name and style Aristo Plast Pvt. Ltd., and
commenced its activities by taking on job work in plastic
moulding. The Company became a deemed public limited company
under section 43-A of the Companies Act, 1956 on 15th March,
1973. The operational management of the Company changed
1971 - The Company became a wholly owned subsidiary of Blow Plast
1973 - The Company established complete manufacturing facilities
included injection moulding, electroplating, anodising, frame
bending, press shop, component manufacturing and assembly.
1979 - The Company implemented its first expansion programme at
(Maharashtra) increasing the production capacity from 40,000
60,000 pieces of luggage per month.
1980 - A new tool room was commissioned for the manufacture of
sophisticated press tools, jigs, fixtures, dies and moulds.
- 300 No. of equity shares without payment in each and 450
shares for cash were allotted to Blow Plast, Ltd., and its
nominees. 750 bonus equity shares issued in prop. of 1:1 in
1977-78 and 1,500 bonus equity shares issued in prop. of 1:1.
All shares were held by Blow Plast, Ltd., and its nominees.
1981 - The Company implemented a second expansion programme by
up a new unit to increase the production capacity from 60,000
90,000 pieces of luggage per month.
- The name of the company was changed from Aristo Plast Ltd.,
V.I.P. Industries Ltd., with effect from 16th June.
1982 - The Company launched a new project at jalgaon (Maharashtra)
the manufacture of soft luggage which was sold under the name
- The Company undertook a modernisation programme at Nasik by
replacing older machines and technology, thereby improving
product quality and productivity, conserving power and
storage and material handling systems.
- Marketing of the Company's product viz., VIP moulded luggage
SKYBAGS soft luggage is carried out by Blow Plast Ltd., who
have a strong network of branches all over the country. In
addition, the Company directly sells to selected customers
- 3,000 bonus equity shares issued in prop. of 1:1.
1985 - The new moulded luggage plant at Jalgaon made a significant
contribution to the total output. A 25% excise duty was
on moulded luggage. The excise duty was exempt from March.
- However, as a result of much larger volume of production and
savings, the Company was able to absorb half of the burden of
exicise duty, the other half being absorbed by the dealers.
With a view to widen the consumer base, the Company started
producing relatively low priced luggage.
- The capacity of the Jalgaon plant was expanded and the Nasik
plant was being modernised. A new factory was set up at
in Maharastra for the manufacture of moulded luggage.
- Equity shares subdivided. 30,00,000 bonus equity shares of
each then issued at a prem. of Rs.2 per shares linked to
debentures out of which the following shares linked to
were reserved and allotted on a preferential basis:
- (i) 48,000 shares to business associates of the Company;
- (ii) 1,92,000 shares to shareholders of Blow Plast, Ltd;
- (iii) 1,20,000 shares to employees of the Company, holding
company and associate companies and
- (iv) 8,00,000 shares to non-resident Indians on repatriation
basis. The balance 12,40,000 shares linked to debentures
offered for public subscription during February, 1986.
1986 - The Company ceased to be a subsidiary of Blow Plast Ltd.
- The Company launched a new range of moulded luggage under the
brand names International Tourister and Odyssey.
- The all plastic International Tourister range of suitcases
aimed at the middle and lower segments of consumers, the
odyseey was to cater to the more discerning consumers.
- The Company issued 24,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10
at a premium of Rs.2 per share linked to 9,60,000 15% secured
redeemable non-convertible debentures of Rs.100 each for cash
par. Out of this the following shares and debentures were
reserved and allotted on a preferential basis:
- (i) 48,000 No. of equity shares linked to 19,200 debentures
promoters, directors, their relative and business associates
- (ii) 1,92,000 No. of equity shares linked to 76,800 debentures
shareholders of Blow Plast Ltd., the holding company of V.I.P
- (iii) 1,20,000 equity shares linked to 48,000 debentures to
employees of the Company, holding Company and associate
- (iv) 8,00,000 No. of equity shares linked to 3,20,000
to non-resident Indians and persons of Indian
residing abroad on repatriation basis. The balance 12,40,000
of equity shares linked to 4,96,000 debentures were allotted
- These debentures are redeemable in full at a premium of Rs.5
debenture on the expiry of 7 years from the date of
1987 - Despite go-slow and a lock-out at Nasik factory for over two
months, production and sales were maintained almost at the
previous year's level. However margins were under pressure
to prevailing competition.
1988 - The sales declined to Rs. 64.64 crores from Rs. 68.90 crores
the previous year due to factors like heavy excise duty,
competition and hike in the input costs.
- 60,00,000 Right equity shares issued at a premium of Rs.30
share to the existing shareholders in prop. of 1:1.
1994 - The Company withdrew from the Industrial Crates line and
out of the luggage exports markets of Nigeria and CIS
2000 - The Company has approved the scheme of amalgamation of
Investments Co Ltd, and its wholly owned subsidiary
Pristine Plast Ind Ltd with
the company effective from 1st April.
2001 - The Company has launched a new range of Moderna moulded chairs
in wood finish.
- The Dilip G Piramal-headed VIP Industries has entered
into a strategic tie-ups with
the France-based luggage maker delsey.
- VIP Industries Ltd., a luggage manufacturer, has
entered into a strategic alliance with
- VIP, has bagged its largest order of over 55,000
briefcases for the German market.
-Milind Puranik resigns as Company Secretary of VIP Industries.
- Vip Industries Ltd. has informed that Mr. A G Warey has resigned as
Director of the Company w.e.f. June 6, 2003.
-Vip Industries Ltd. has informed that the Company's bid for
acquisition of certain Assets of Carlton International plc U.K. which
is under liquidation, has been accepted
-VIP enters soft luggage segment
- Vip Industries Ltd has informed that at the meeting of the Board of
Directors of the company held on June 30, 2009, Ms. Radhika Piramal
has been appointed as an Executive Director of the Company w.e.f.
July 13, 2009.
- VIP Industries Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the
Company at its meeting held on June 30, 2009, Ms. Radhika Piramal has
been appointed as an Executive Director of the Company w.e.f. July 13,
- Vip Industries Limited has appointed Mr.T.Premanand as an
Additional Director, being a Whole-time Director of the Company
designated as Director - Works with effect from July 27, 2010.
- The Board of Directors of the Company has declared an Interim
Dividend of Rs. 3/- (Rupees Three only) per equity share of Rs. 10/-
- Mr. Jogendra Sethi has been appointed as the Chief Financial
Officer (CFO) of the Company.
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
- The Board of Directors of the Company have declared an Interim
Dividend of 60 paise (Paise Sixty Only) per equity share of Rs. 2/-
- Vip Industries Ltd has informed that a wholly owned subsidiary of
the Company by the name VIP Industries Bangladesh Pvt. Ltd. has been
incorporated to set-up luggage manufacturing plant in Bangladesh.