Company History - Kalinga Cement
1982 - The Company was incorporated on 18th October in Orissa. It
promoted by Balbir Singh Bhasin. The Company's Unit situated
Gobira, P.O. Kuaramunda, dist. Sundergarh, a notified
area in the district of Orissa, has a capacity of 90 tonnes
day of cement. The main objective of the company is to
manufacture portland cement.
- The Company obtained Vertical Shaft Kiln technology developed
National Council of Cement and Building Material, the
Cement Research Institute.
1985 - The commercial operations started from May.
- To improve the profitability KCL with the help of the
Institutions implemented a rehabilitation scheme, which
interalia, sought expansion of installed capacity from 90 TPD
1994 - The Company undertook to expand its installed capacity from
TPD to 300 TPD i.e. 99,000 TPA. Also, the Company took up
of lime stone from the newly acquired lime stone mine for both
house consumption as well as for selling it to other users on
1995 - 12,24,430 No. of equity shares allotted to promoters. During
July, the Company issued 59,67,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.
each for cash at par through a prospectus of which 10,67,000
shares were reserved and allotted to promoters, Indian
- Of the remaining the following were reserved for allotment on
- (i) 11,76,000 shares to NRIs/OCBs on repatriation basis (Only
46,500 shares taken up);
- (ii) 9,80,000 shares to Mutual Funds. (Only 9,400 shares taken
- Balance 27,13,600 shares along with 17,35,875 shares not taken
under preferntial allotment issued to the public. 3,94,525
shares of Mutual Funds yet to be allotted.
1996 - Production suffered due to a major accident in the cement
drive system leading to curtailment of production for several