Moneycontrol PRO
HomeWorldAyatollah Ali Khamenei says Trump administration 'not worthy' of cooperation with Iran

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei says Trump administration 'not worthy' of cooperation with Iran

Ayatollah Khamenei dismissed rumors of Iran contacting the Trump administration, calling them lies, and deemed the US unworthy of cooperation. He praised Iran's unity during the June war with Israel, which disrupted nuclear talks. The Pentagon claims US strikes delayed Iran's nuclear program by 1-2 years.

November 28, 2025 / 01:35 IST
Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Thursday that the Trump administration was "not worthy" of contact or cooperation with the Islamic republic.

"Such a government (the United States) is not worthy of being approached or cooperated with by a government like the Islamic Republic," Khamenei said in a televised speech, rejecting rumours that Iran had sent messages to Washington as a "pure lie".

His remarks came on the occasion of a state-designated day celebrating the Basij forces, a paramilitary force under the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

Khamenei said the United States and Israel had failed "to achieve any objectives" during the 12-day war between Israel and Iran in June.

That month, Israel launched an unprecedented bombing campaign against Iran, triggering a war that the United States briefly joined with strikes on key Iranian nuclear facilities.

Israel's attack prompted an Iranian response of missile and drone strikes and derailed nuclear talks between Tehran and Washington that had begun in April.

A ceasefire between Iran and Israel has been in place since June 24.

During his speech, Khamenei praised Iran's "public unity" during the war, saying "even those who had differences with the system stood by it."

This unity, he said, "must be preserved and appreciated," he added.

Khamenei previously said Israel's attacks during the war had sought to weaken the Islamic republic, sow "unrest and bring people into the streets to overthrow the system".

Since the war, Trump has repeatedly said the US strikes obliterated Iran's nuclear programme, but the full extent of the damage remains unknown.

The Pentagon has said the strikes delayed Iran's nuclear programme by between one and two years, contradicting an initial classified US intelligence report that, according to American media, found the setback was only a few months.

Khamenei has previously rebuffed Trump's claims that Iran's nuclear programme had been destroyed, telling him to "keep dreaming."

AFP
first published: Nov 28, 2025 01:33 am

Discover the latest Business News, Sensex, and Nifty updates. Obtain Personal Finance insights, tax queries, and expert opinions on Moneycontrol or download the Moneycontrol App to stay updated!

Subscribe to Tech Newsletters

  • On Saturdays

    Find the best of Al News in one place, specially curated for you every weekend.

  • Daily-Weekdays

    Stay on top of the latest tech trends and biggest startup news.

Advisory Alert: It has come to our attention that certain individuals are representing themselves as affiliates of Moneycontrol and soliciting funds on the false promise of assured returns on their investments. We wish to reiterate that Moneycontrol does not solicit funds from investors and neither does it promise any assured returns. In case you are approached by anyone making such claims, please write to us at grievanceofficer@nw18.com or call on 02268882347