Moneycontrol PRO
Upcoming Event:Attend Algo Convention Live, 2 Days & 12+ Speakers at best offer Rs.999/-, exclusive for Moneycontrol Pro subscribers. Register now!
you are here: HomeNewsBusiness

Govt approves Star 9 Mobility's Rs 211 crore bid for Pawan Hans

The government of India holds 51 percent stake in Pawan Hans while Oil and Natural Gas Corporation owns the other 49 percent. The oil marketing company has also decided to offer its entire shareholding to the successful bidder at the same price and terms as agreed by the government.

April 29, 2022 / 08:17 PM IST
Pawan Hans has the largest fleet of helicopters in India.

Pawan Hans has the largest fleet of helicopters in India.


The central government on April 29 approved Star9 Mobility Private Ltd's Rs 211 crore bid for state-owned helicopter service provider Pawan Hans Ltd.

According to the press release issued by PIB, the government's stake sale was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, comprising union ministers Nitin Gadkari, Nirmala Sitharaman, and Jyotiraditya M Scindia.

The empowered cabinet group has finalized the disinvestment of the helicopter service provider.


The government of India holds 51 percent stake in Pawan Hans while Oil and Natural Gas Corporation owns the other 49 percent. The oil marketing company has also decided to offer its entire shareholding to the successful bidder at the same price and terms as agreed by the government

Close

COVID-19 Vaccine

Frequently Asked Questions

View more
How does a vaccine work?

A vaccine works by mimicking a natural infection. A vaccine not only induces immune response to protect people from any future COVID-19 infection, but also helps quickly build herd immunity to put an end to the pandemic. Herd immunity occurs when a sufficient percentage of a population becomes immune to a disease, making the spread of disease from person to person unlikely. The good news is that SARS-CoV-2 virus has been fairly stable, which increases the viability of a vaccine.

How many types of vaccines are there?

There are broadly four types of vaccine — one, a vaccine based on the whole virus (this could be either inactivated, or an attenuated [weakened] virus vaccine); two, a non-replicating viral vector vaccine that uses a benign virus as vector that carries the antigen of SARS-CoV; three, nucleic-acid vaccines that have genetic material like DNA and RNA of antigens like spike protein given to a person, helping human cells decode genetic material and produce the vaccine; and four, protein subunit vaccine wherein the recombinant proteins of SARS-COV-2 along with an adjuvant (booster) is given as a vaccine.

What does it take to develop a vaccine of this kind?

Vaccine development is a long, complex process. Unlike drugs that are given to people with a diseased, vaccines are given to healthy people and also vulnerable sections such as children, pregnant women and the elderly. So rigorous tests are compulsory. History says that the fastest time it took to develop a vaccine is five years, but it usually takes double or sometimes triple that time.

View more
Show

The asset sale plan will help bridge the budget gap and meet spending targets as the economy faces fresh headwinds from geopolitical tensions.

According to the press release issued by PIB, the government's stake sale was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, comprising union ministers Nitin Gadkari, Nirmala Sitharaman, and Jyotiraditya M Scindia.
 The government had received three financial bids for its stake in Pawan Hans. The Employees’ Union of Pawan Hans, Global Vectra Helicorp and Heligo Charters were widely expected to bid for the company.

Pawan Hans is expected to report a net loss of Rs 100 crore in both 2020-21 and 2021-22 after reporting a loss of Rs 28.08 crore in 2019-20 and Rs 69.2 crore in 2018-19.

The state-run helicopter operator had also reported a fall in revenue to Rs 346 crore in FY20 from Rs 381 crore in FY19, according to the information memorandum document floated by the government to invite expressions of interest to invest in the company in 2020.



Download your money calendar for 2022-23 here and keep your dates with your moneybox, investments, taxes

Moneycontrol News
first published: Apr 29, 2022 08:17 pm
Sections
ISO 27001 - BSI Assurance Mark