Company History - Flextronics Software Systems
- Hughes Software Systems Limited was incorporated on 30th December
under the Companies Act, 1956 with limited liability, with HNS-India
Inc., USA as its principal shareholders.
- HSS has been promoted by Hughes Electronics Corporation (HEC),
(which in turn is a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Motors, USA),
and its group companies.
- HSS has focused on the development of communications software and
one of India's leading companies in this field. The Company offeres
both custom software development services and software products,
covering a wide spectrum of communciation technologies.
- The Company had a paid up equity capital of Rs 200/- which has
increased to Rs 63,000,000 as at March 31, 1999.
- The Company has a high speed leased line for Internet access and
video conferencing facilities through ISDN dial-up lines.
- The Company entered the product business with the launch of the
Protocol stack product line.
- The Company offers implementation and integration services along
its products and also is in a position to customize the product to
- The Company as set up a center in Bangalore to focus on
of Software for Internet and e-Commerce applications. HSS has
state-of-the-art software development facilities in Gurgaon and
- HSS has launched its first 3-commerce product SwiftBill(TM), an
electronic bill presentment system. The company contracted with a
US-based Internet service provider for a pilot of this product.
- The Company issued warrants under the Employee Stock Option Plan
Employee Benefit Trust. A total of 8,75,000 warrants have been
under the ESOP.
- In June, the Company issued bonus shares in the ratio of 3 for
2 shares held by capitalization of free reserves. The total paid up
equity capital of the Company prior to this offer is Rs
- Hughes Software Systems is a communications software company which
offers software services products and solutions. It is a 100 per
subsidiary of Hughes Network Systems of the US.
- Through its maiden public offering, the Delhi-based HSS is
43.75 lakh shares of which 39,37,500 shares are offered through book
building. The balance 4,37,500 shares, the fixed price portion,
be up for the public subscription after the final price is arrived
through the book building route which is scheduled for September 29.
- Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSSL) is the first company in the
history of the Indian capital market to issue shares through the
- Its product range includes the ProtoQuick range of protocol
MultiQuick, communication gateway product lines, IntelliQuick,
intelligent peripherals and mediation device systems, and Swift
an electronic bill presentment system.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has permitted Hughes to divest
control in its joint venture company, Hughes Escorts Communications
(HEC) and offload equity in favour of Indocean Chase Capital
- Hughes Software Systems (HSS) has mandated Pricewater-house
Limited and Kotak Mahindra to identify and explore possibilities for
acquiring information technology companies.
- HUGHES Software Systems (HSS) has tied up with the $200-m Teles AG
Germany for its soft switches used in the area of intelligent
networking. The company expects the tieup to generate revenues of
- In the area of network management, HSS has a number of IPRs
(intellectual property rights) and products. The company has a
called IntelliQuick in this domain. This is in use with Bharti
Cellular for Airtel, the cellular services provider in New Delhi.
- HSS is developing the soft switches that will enable voice and
to be carried easily over networks.
- HSS products include the Service Node and Intelligent Peripheral
under the IntelliQuick (brand name).
- HSS is a leading communications software company offering products
and services in the areas of wireless networking satellite-based
communications systems, advanced intelligent network, enterprise
networking, Internet application and e-commerce.
- HSS has launched RightServe - a Software designed and developed in
Bangalore, has taken Hughes to the ASP market.
- The Company has allotted 21,580 No. of equity shares, bearing
distinctive numbers 16634701 to 16656280 for employees of the
who have exercised the option of econversion of warrants under the
Employees Stock Offer Plan.
- Eximsoft Technologies, has signed an MoU with Hughes Software
to provide protocol porting services for their global clients on a
- Hughes Software Systems, a subsidiary of Hughes Network Systems,
launched SwiftBill, an electronic bill presentment and payment
for the internet market.
- The Company and Armllaire Technologies Inc, US have setting up of
dedicated development facility at Gurgaon for developing software
next generation switching infrastructure.
- Hughes Software Systems has entered into a global alliance with
Microsystems to roll out next generation wireless solutions for
original equipment to roll out next generation wireless solutions
original equipment manufacturers of mobile infrastructure.
- Hughes Software Systems will set up a dedicated software
centre for Austrian telecoms firm Ericsson Ahead Communications
- Hughes Software Systems in strategic tie-up with ADC.
Hughes Software Systems Ltd has informed BSE that the Board of
Directors of the Company at their meeting held on April 22, 2002 have
allotted a total 93425 equity shares to the employees of the Company
under the ESOP.
-Hughes Software Systems (HSS), on June 19, 2002 announced an
agreement with NEC Corporation, the world's leading providers of
Internet, broadband network and enterprise business solutions, to
enhance NEC's routers, switches and IP applications used for building
IP optimized backbones as well as edge and access solutions.
- Hughes Software Systems (HSS), announced the launch of its global
technical seminar series in the United States of America (USA).
-Jayaram Easwaran, appointed Vice President, Human Resources at
Hughes Software Systems.
-HSS has recorded revenue sales of Rs.57.1cr which is about 4.67%
decline over the
-Newport Networks Ltd has announced that it has deployed HSS SIP &
in the Newport Networks Media Proxy.
-QNX Software System & Hughes Software Systems Ltd have announced an
to offer integrated solutions to the telecom space.
-Motorola, Interophase and Hughes Software Systems have unveiled the
open architecture Radio Network Controller (RNC) solution at 3 GSM
congress in cannes.
-Ip.access and Hughes Software Systems Ltd have announced that
use the company's extensively interoperated standards based protocol
for GPRS,SS7 and voice over pocket networks
-Montavista Software and HSS have strengthened their existing
partnership by announcing
the enhanced availability of the HSS suite of telecommunications
-Lucent Technologies has selected HSS to provide mobility related
and support services.
-HSS has announced the successful completion of interoperability
Convedia's CMS-6000 and CMS-1000 Media Servers, and HSS softswitch
& HSS SIP server Framework.
-HSS and Audiocodes has successfully completed the full
interoperability Testing of
HSS Softswitch, SIP server and Gatekeeper Network Infrastructure
-HSS has been assigned the Capability Maturity Model Integration
level 5 certification.
-Hughes System Software, an arm of Hughes Electronics has bagged a
worth $100 million to supply the software and services for 3G mobile
lucent Technologies, USA
-San Diego, CA based communication company Wave Three Software, Inc
selected HSS SIP server framework to power its platform for
multipoint SIP video
-Rolls out SIP Centrex in Japan
-Hughes launches next generation broadband terminals
-Hughes Software Systems Limited has informed that the securities
(Equity Shares) of the Company have been delisted from the Delhi
Stock Exchange w.e.f January 8, 2004.
-Hughes Software Systems Limited has informed that the Company has
received intimation dated January 15, 2004 from Mr. James Lucchese,
Director of the Company that he has sold 1,325 shares of the Company
and the value exceeds Rs. 5,00,000/-.
-Hughes Software Systems Ltd has informed that Mr S Mahadevan has
resigned as the Company Secretary of the Company with effect from May
-Hughes Software Systems Ltd (HSS) has informed that e.Biscom's
FastWeb has selected the company to increase the VoIP capability of
its triple play integrated network
-Flextronics a $16-billion global electronics manufacturing services
provider, is to build a manufacturing facility in the outskirts of
-FSS launches development center in Beijing
-Flextronics releases Wi-Fi Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
security and mobility software products