- On 8th May the company was incorporated in Karnataka state as a
public limited company under the name Mynylon Ltd. to manufacture
synthetic blended yarns and fabrics, polyester filament yarn,
polyester glass shells and colour TV picture tubes.
- On 28th June this company was converted into a public limited
- On 11th February 1966 a company by name of Reliance Textiles
Industries Pvt Ltd was incorporated in Maharashtra. It established a
synthetic fabrics mill in the same year at Naroda in Gujarat.
- On 1st July, Reliance Textile Industries Ltd, was amalgamated with
- With effect from 11th March 1st the name of Mynylon Ltd was changed
to Reliance Textiles Industries Ltd. The company manufactures
synthetic blended yarns and fabrics polyester filament yarn polyester
staple fibre chemicals and allied products colour TV glass shells and
colour TV picture tubes. The Company's yarns are marketed under
various brand names such as Texalit, Textron, Texlene, Poly dyed and
polytwist. The company's fabrics are marketed under the brand name
- On November Dhirajlal H Ambani and Natvarlal H Ambani along with
some other existing shareholders offered for sale at par to the
public. 28,20,000 equity shares of the Company in order to get the
shares of the company listed on the stock Exchange at Mumbai.
- During the year Sidhpur Mills Co. Ltd which has an installed
capacity of 38,368 spindles and 490 looms was amalgamated with the
company. In terms of the scheme of amalgamation, the company was to
issue and allot for every one equity share of Rs. 100 each of
Sidhpur, 2 equity shares of Rs.10 each and one bond of Rs.80 of the
- The Company allotted a total of 1,12,000 No. of equity shares of Rs
10 each and 35,000 - 11% bonds of Rs 80 each to the shareholders of
- Company was set up Polyestr Filament Yarn Plant at Patalganga in
Raigad district of Maharashtra with the financial and technical
collaboration with E.I Du Pont De Nemours & Co; USA.
- The Company received a letter to intent from the manufacture of
10,000 tonnes per annum of polyester filament yarn. Financial and
technical collaboration was finalized with E.I. Du Pont De Nemours &
- 5,50,000 - 13.5% Pref. shares issued as Rights to equity share
holders. 19,20,000 equity shares issued to debentureholders (Series
III) as per the terms of that issue. 815 No. of equity shares
allotted out of the Rights issue of 1981.
- 111,56,741 Bonus Equity shares issued in propn. 3:5. 64,00,000 No.
of Equity shares of Rs 10 each issued in part conversion of debs. (iv
series) on 30.9.1983. Of these, 24,00,000 shares issued as
additional entitlement to debentureholders (iv series) on account of
- 101,24,675 No. of Equity shares allotted conversion of
non-convertible portion of debentures of Series I, II, III and IV of
the total value of Rs 7231.92 lakhs in prop. 1:4. Equity shares of
10 each for every Rs 100 of debentures (100,28,359 shares in 1984 and
96,316 shares in 1985). 53,33,333 No. of equity shares issued (prem.
Rs 40 per share) on part conversion of `E' Series debentures as on
30.4.1985. Rate of dividend on 13.5% pref. shares increased to 15%
effective from 16.5.1984.
- A letters of intent were received for the manufacture of 50,000
tonnes per annum of high density polyethylene (HDPE) and 1,00,000
tonnes per annum of poly vinyl chloride (PVC). Technical
collaboration agreements were signed with Du Pont for HDPE and with
B.F. Goodrich &
Co., for PVC. Steps were also taken to set up a project for the
manufacture of mono ethylene glycol (MEG), a basic raw material
required for the polyester industry. A Collaboration agreement was
entered into with Scientific Design company, New York for this
- The Company installed an additional capacity of 15,125 tonnes per
annum of polyester yarn.
- With effect from 1st October the running business of the Sidhapur
unit was taken over by Devti Fabrics Ltd, is a subsidiary of the
- The name of the company was again changed from Reliance Textiles
Industries Ltd to Reliance Industries Ltd with effect from 27th June.
- On 30th September Devti Fibres Ltd became a subsidiary of the
company. Trishna Investments and Leasing Ltd., Reliance Industrial
Investments & Holdings Ltd., Reliance Petroproducts Ltd. also
subsidiaries of the Company.
- Steps were in progress for implementing a project for the
manufacture of purified terepthalic acid with a capacity of 75,000
tonnes per annum in technical collaboration with Imperial Chemical
Industries UK and UOP Processes International Inc. USA. This plant
was commissioned during the year.
- On March a plant for the manufacture of Polyster Staple Fibre was
commissioned in technical collaboration with F.I DU Pont De Nemours
and Co. USA.
- During the same year company set up a project for the manufacture
of linear alkyl benzene in technical collaboration with UOP Processes
International Inc. USA.
- As a measure of diversification the company undertook to set up a
project for the manufacture of 50,000 tonnes per annum of linear
alkyl the manufacture of 50,000 benzene in technical collaboration
with UOP Processes International Inc., U.S.A.
- Three letters of intent were converted into industrial licenses.
Subsequent to 30th June, all these industrial licenses were
transferred to Reliance Petrochemicals, Ltd., a company incorporated
as a subsidiary of the company.
- 689,65,480 No. of Equity shares allotted (prem. Rs 62.50 per
shares) in conversion of `G' series debs. Out of which 660,30,100
shares allotted in respect of earlier conversion of debs. 300,00,000
Rights shares than issued (prem. Rs 50 per share; prop. 1:4) (all were
up 14,60,000 additional shares were allotted to retain
over-subscription for rights. Along with the Rights issue, 14,00,000
No. of Equity shares were offered to employees at a prem. off Rs 50
share (under Employees Stock Option Scheme) but only 1,11,695 shares
taken up. The balance 12,88,305 shares allowed to lapse.
- Linear Alkyl Benzene Project was commission on the second quarter
of the year. LAB is sold under the brand name Relab.
- During the year approval was received under the board branding
scheme for the manufacture of 15,000 tonnes per annum of PFY under
the description PSF/PFY with in the licensed capacity PSF.
- During the year pursuant to the policy announced by Govt.
regarding minimum economic scale, the company embarked upon expansion
of PTA capacity from 1,00,000 tonnes to 2,00,000 tonnes per annum.
The project is being undertaken in technical collaboration with John
Brown Engineers & Constructors Ltd. UK.
- During the year the company entered into a Memorandum of
Understanding with West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation
Ltd. for setting up a joint sector project for the manufacture of
15,000 tonnes per annum of polyester filament yarn. In December a
joint sector agreement was entered into for setting up a new company
under the name Reliance Bengal Industries Ltd.
-The technical collaborator for PFY and PSF was DuPont, US, and for
PTA, UOP Processors, US, and ICI, UK.
- A technical collaboration agreement for 10 years was entered into
with Stone And Webster Engineering Corporation USA for production of
4 lakh TPA of ethylene, 1.95 lakh TPA of propylene and 1.20 lakh TPA
of mixed C4 stream.
- During the period company commissioned its 1,00,000 TPA Ethylene
Oxide and Mono Ethylene Glycol plant at Hazira.
- In Series - `H' Debentures, 304,00,000 - 12.5% secured redeemable
partly convertible debentures of Rs 150 each offered on Rights basis
in the proportion 1 debenture: 5 equity shares held. Additional
45,60,000 debentures were allotted to retain over subscription.
15,20,000 debentures were offered to employees' on an equitable
15,00,000 debentures taken up. The unsubscribed portion of 20,000
debentures were allowed to lapse. Rs 55 of the face value of each
debenture was to be converted into 1 equity shares of Rs 10 each at a
premium of Rs 45 per share at the end of 18 months from the date of
allotment. Remaining Rs 95 of the face value of each debenture was
to be redeemed at par on the expiry of 10 years from the date of
- In Series - `J' Debentures 76,00,000 - 14% secured redeemable
non-convertivle debentures of Rs 150 aggregating to Rs 114 crores
attached with a detachable warrant, to the equity shareholders on
rights basis in the proportion of one debenture for every 20 equity
shares held. Additional 11,40,000 debentures were allotted to retain
over subscription. The debentures of Rs 150 would be redeemed on the
expiry of 10 years from the date of allotment.
- In Series - `K' Debentures 265,50,000 - 17.5% Secured redeemable
non-convertible debentures of Rs 100 aggregating Rs 265.50 crores to
the equity shareholdes on Rights basis in the proportion of 1
debenture for every 6 equity shares held. These debentures would be
redeemed on the expiry of 10 years from the date of allotment.
In 1991-92, RIL commissioned a petrochemicals unit to manufacture
HDPE and PVC at Hazira, Gujarat, in technical collaboration with
DuPont and BF Goodrich respectively.
- With effect from 1st March Reliance Petrochemicals Ltd. was merged
with the Co. As per the scheme of amalgamation, 1 equity shares of
RIL was issued against 10 equity shares held in Reliance Petro
- The PFY unit introduced a wide range of value added products
including textured, twisted, high twisted dyed yarn. Approvals were
received from the Government towards acquisition of 2 Suez-Max crude
- The Company proposed to set up a project for the manufacture of
70,000 TPA of polyester yarn and 30,000 TPA of bottle grade PET chips
- 13% Pref. shares fully paid-up. 183,99,935 No. of Equity shares
allotted till date as again 92,00,000 Global depository shares
749,40,440 No. of Equity shares allotted shareholders of erstwhile
Reliance Petroleum Ltd., under Scheme of Amalgamation.
- The PFY division introduced two new products viz., Micro and
multi-filament yearn. Several new and customized product range was
introduced such as ultra-stabilized raffia grade, high flow injection
moulding grade and high ESCR blow moulding grade.
- On May 27 the company offered 92,00,000 GDS representing 184,00,000
- The company undertook to expand the captive power capacity at
Hazira as well as set up new captive power plants at Naroda and
patalganga. On completion of these project, an addition of 150 MW of
power was to be added, increasing the total installed captive power
plant capacity to 350 MW.
- The Company proposed to set up a caustic chlorine plant with a
capacity of 1,98,000 TPA of chlorine, 2,34,000 TPA Caustic Soda plant
at Hazira for manufacture of ethylene di-chloride (EDC).
- The Company was awarded the medium sized discovered oil and gas
fields for exploration and production.
- 364,60,000 No. of Equity shares allotted on part conversion of `H'
Series debenture 100,05,586 No. of equity shares allotted again
warrants issued. 3,16,667 shares allotted to SCICI on conversion of
loans 103,16,027 shares allotted underlying. 127,66,000 GDS issued
15.2.94 of which 81,66,571 shares yet to be allotted.
1994 - Company issued 60,00,000 - 18% non convertible secured
redeemable debentures of Rs.100 each on private placement basis with
- A new product Octene LLDPE was introduced.
- The Company undertook steps to de-bottlenecking its existing
facilities and modernize the Control and Automation system. It was
also proposed to set up a 5,000 TPA of FDY plant plant at Patalganga.
In the fibre intermediate business, the Company undertook to set up a
World Size PTA plant of 3,50,000 TPA at Hazira. A new plant to
produce 1,20,000 TPA of MEG was to be set up adjacent to its existing
capacity. It also proposed to increase the polyvinyl chloride capacity
to 30,000 TPA.
- The Company signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the
Government of Assam for implementation of RAPL for manufacture of
3,00,000 TPA of ethylene, 3,00,000 TPA of Polyethylene and 65,000 TPA
of Oxoalchols based on ethylene and propylene products from the gas
- On January the company issued 82,50,000 14% secured redeemable non
convertible debentures of Rs.100 each on a private placement basis
with financial institutions, banks/bodies corporate.
- On 23rd January, the Company allotted 600,00,000 - 14% Secured
redeemable non-Convertible debentures with detachable Warrants of Rs.
- During the year company commissioned a new Triethylene Glycol
manufacturing factory with a capacity of 10,000 TPA to add value to
Diethylene Glycol (DEG), a by product from its Monoethylene Glucol
plant. TEG is an import substitute used in oil exploration,
and speciality application.
- During the year company has an unincorporated joint venture with
Enron & ONGC to develop Pann, Mukta and Tapti fields.
- During June, the Company allotted 995,75,915 No. of equity shares
of Rs 10 each to the erstwhile shareholders of Reliance Polypropylene
Ltd. (RPPL) and Reliance Polyethylene Ltd. (RPEL) in the ratio of 30
equity shares of Rs 10 each for every 100 equity shares of Rs 10 each
held in RPPL and 25 equity shares of Rs. 10 each of the Company for
every 100 equity shares of Rs 10 each held in RPPL.
- During the year company signed a Memorandum of Understanding with
the Govt. of Assam for implementation of RAPL (Reliance Assam
Petrochemicals Ltd.) for manufacture of 3,00,000 TPA of ethylene,
3,00,000 TPA of Polyethylene and 65,000 TPA of Oxoalchol based on
ethylene and propylene products from the gas cracker.
- Reliance Industries Ltd.(RIL), has tied up with United Oil
processing Company of the US, for production of paraxylene at
- In 1995-96, it entered the telecom industry through a joint venture
with Nynex, US. RIL is India's largest private sector enterprise, is a
major player in the Indian petrochemicals sector.
- The company commissioned 3,50,000 tpa PTA Plant.
- Reliance Telecom has struck a deal with US-based telecommunications
giant Motorola to set up the cellular network in the secured circles.
A letter of intent had been singed by both the companies in October.
- During the year Co. completed debottelenecking of the PVC plant and
increased the capacity to 270,000 tpa. As a part of its vertical
integration stategy the Co. undertook to set up a new 1,20,000 TPA
MEG project at Hazira.
- During the year Co. commissioned new 1,60,000 TPA. PSF plant based
on DuPont technology the PET bottle grade resin plant of 80,000 TPA
capacity received technological assistance of SINCO Engineering
- During the same period company commissioned the 1,20,000 TPA MEG
project using ABB Lummus crest, Netherland's techology. And the
NGL/Naptha gas cracker palnt using technology of stone & webster USA,
neared mechanical completion.
- During the year the company commissioned 60,000 tpa PYF capacity at
Hazira. And a 350,000 tpa capacity polypropylene fully computerised
plant was commissioned during 96-97.
- During the year company commissioned the largest multified carbon
plant to produce 7,50,000 tpa of ethylene, 365,000 tpa of propylene
and over 10,00,000 tpa of anomatics and other products.
- During the year company constructed a cost effective infrastructure
commissioning of 1 single point mooring system, 3 jetties. It has 1
ocean going tanker, 4 ocean going vessels for liquefied gases and 5
tugs. The expansion is resigned to handle Ethylene, Propylene, EDC,
VCM, LPG, Butenes, MEG, PXBZ & Naphtha.
- During the same year company undertook to implement 3 independent
power projects in separate entities with a total power generating
capacity of 1331 MW at Patalganga, Bawana, Jamnagar.
- 15% Pref. shares redeemed. 7,908 shares out of these meant for
amalgamation issued. 14% Pref. CR redeemed.
- During the period Reliance Industries Limited, is to tie-up with
Nynex Corporation to jointly bid for the licenses to operate basic
and cellular telecom networks throughout India.
- Reliance Industries Ltd., has tied up with the $ 16-billion Baby
Bell telecom company from the US, the Nynex. The combine will bid
for basic and cellular mobile telephone service with the Department
- The company was awarded four separate exploration blocks.
- Enron Oil Gas, the joint venture partner and operator presented a
proposal to Tapti Consortium participants seeking approval of a new
development plant for Tapti gas fields by which the volumes could
reach 17 million standard cubic meters during 2000 if the plan was
- During the year Co. commissioned an 80,000 tonnes bottle grade PET
Chip plant at Hazira manufacturing complex. The chips was marketed
under the brand name Relpet.
- The company commissioned a new 3,50,000 tpa PTA manufacturing
facility based on ICI, UK technology.
- The Company proposed to set up two more plants one PP plant with
capacity of 4,00,000 tpa and these paraxylene plants with an
aggregate capacity of 1.4 million tpa.
- Company has set up a refinery at village Motikhvdi, Gujarat under
the name Reliance Petroleum Ltd. Reliance along with its subsidiary
Reliance Industrial Investments & Holdings Ltd. hold 39% of the paid
up equity capital of Reliance Petroleum on a fully deluted basis.
- Reliance undertook to make significant investments in Reliance
Petroleum Ltd., for setting up of the grass root refinery at
- 46,60,90,452 bonus equity shares allotted 7289149 No. of equity
shares allotted at conversion of debentures and reissue of forfeited
- Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) has successfully commissioned its
third 30,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) polyester filament yarn (PFY)
plant at Hazira in Gujarat. The capacity at the Hazira plant is
being further extended to 120,000 tpa of PFY by setting up another
- Bharti Telenet and Reliance were awarded letters of intent for
Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat circles respectively.
- Reliance Industries will commission the world's largest grass-root
single-stream multi-feed cracker plant.
- The Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) has achieved the distinction of
becoming the first company in the country to undertake security audit
in the interest of its investors.
- Reliance Industries Limited has commissioned its second Mono
Ethylene Glycol plant based on Shell process, with a capacity of
120,000 tonnes per annum, at its Hazira Petrochemicals Complex.
- The National Securities Depository Ltd. (NSDL) and Reliance
Industries Ltd. are embarking on a joint marketing effort to issue
RIL bonus shares in the demat form.
- RIL was one of the first companies to join the depository and by
issuing bonus shares through the demat form, investors will be
assured of clean securities.
- Around 57 lakh euro-convertible bonds of Reliance Industries Ltd.
were converted into equity shares ahead of the book-closure for the
1:1 bonus issue on November 29.
- Reliance Industries Ltd. has bagged the National Energy
Conservation Award, 1997 in the petrochemical sector. The
petrochemicals giant has won the special prize for the fourth
- For the first time Reliance Industries is entering the health-care
sector with an initial investment of Rs.100 crore. It has become
joint trustees of Sir Hurkisondas Nurrotumdas Hospital at Charni
Road in Mumbai.
- Reliance Industries, India's largest private sector company, has
undertaken a major initiative on corporate governance, under which it
has accorded a vital role to its non-executive directors.
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) founder and chairman Dhirubhai Ambani
was awarded the prestigious the Dean's medal by the Wharton school
(University of Pennsylvania) at a glittering ceremony in Mumbai on
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has won the runner up award in the
Best emerging market company investor relations category for 1998
instituted by UK's Investor Relations Magazine in association with
Financial Times. Reliance is the first and only Indian company to
have received this prestigious award and the only Asian company to
get this award in
the emerging markets category.
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has struck an understanding with the
US based engineering firm Carter burgess Ltd to undertake projects in
the road sector through the joint venture route. In the proposed
joint venture, reliance will have the majority stake.
- RIL had entered into a 50:50 joint venture with Hoechst Fibres (a
part of Hoechst AG, Germany) to manufacture aide range of polyester
- The Chennai High Court has declined to interfere with the award of
the Rs 15,000-crore private power project at Jayamkondam in Tamil
Nadu to Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) by the State Industrial
Development Corporation (TIDCO).
- 65,00,000 Red. Pref. shares of Rs. 100 each issued.
- The Company undertook the commissioning of its jamnagar
- Reliance Industries Ltd, is currently setting up a Rs 5,550 crores
petrochemical complex at Jamnagar.
- The un-incorporated joint venture between Reliance Industries, Oil
and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and the US-based multinational
Enron Oil and Gas has submitted a proposal with the union petroleum
ministry for a four-fold increase in its gas production from five
million tonnes a day to 22 million tonnes a day.
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), India's largest private company, has
chalked out a capital allocation framework to enhance shareholder
value and ensure profit growth and capital productivity.
- Once again Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is in the
international limelight. RIL been named as one of the World's 100
best-managed companies for the year 1999 by Industry Week (IW), a
leading US magazine.
- During 1999-2000, the company completed its integrated jamnagar
complex, in a record period of less then 3 years.
- Reliance has been ranked the second largest producer of POY and
PSF in the world, and the largest polyester manufacturer in India,
with a marketshare of 51 %.
- Reliance is setting up a new venture for e-commerce related
services and has roped in National Stock Exchange's head of market
operations, derivatives, IPO and membership Ashishkumar Chauhan for
piloting the new project.
- Reliance Industries Ltd to sign PSCs for exploration blocks in West
- Reliance Industries Ltd. to buy back shares up to Rs.1,100 crore at
- The US-based Eastman Chemical Company signed MoU with Reliance
Industries, to develop the market for Spectar copolymer and Eastar
PETG copolyester in India.
- Reliance and Malaysia's Petronas have signed an agreement with
National Iranian Oil Co. to set up a 7.5 million-tonne per year
liquefied natural gas plant in Iran, industry.
- The Company has informed that, Reliance Power Ventures Ltd., a
wholly owned subsidiary of the company, propose to acquire an
aggregate of 2,75,45,133 fully paid equity shares of BSES of face
value of Rs. 10/- each at a price of Rs. 234/- per fully paid-up
- Reliance Power Ventures, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance
- Reliance Industries' internet service brand Only Smart was launched
- The Karnataka Government and Reliance Industries have set in motion
a joint venture in e-governance to start 7,500 info kiosks all over
- The Company has acquired 100 acres at Patalganga to set up the
proposed 447 mw power project.
- Reliance Industries Ltd. and Jet Airways have signed an agreement
in principle to work together on planned airport privatisation
- Issue of equity linked warrants under Employees Stock Option Plan.
- Reliance Industries Ltd to set up a world-class Indian Institute of
- Reliance Industries Ltd. is set to consolidate the financials' of
BSES Ltd. under its own income statement from the second quarter of
- The board has issued 5,26,87,851 equity-linked warrants under the
ESOP in accordance with the resolutions passed at the company's 26th
- Reliance Industries Ltd is the first private sector Indian company
to find a place in the Forbes' International list of the 800 largest
non-US companies, published in the current edition of the magazine.
- The Company has been selected as one of the World's 100
best-managed companies for the Year 2000.
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has topped in mobilisation through
debt private placements during the first quarter of the current
- The Company executive director Nikhil R Meswani has been elected as
president of Associaton of Synthetic Fibre Industry.
- Credit rating agency Crisil has assigned the highest safety rating
of `AAA' to the Rs 500 crore non-convertible debenture issue of the
- Reliance Industries is set to take over the polyester business of
JCT in a deal valued at Rs 492 crore.
- Reliance Industries Ltd was completing the Assam Gas Cracker
Project within 44 months on finalisation of Gas Supply Agreement with
Oil India Ltd and ONGC/GAIL, and the handing over possession of land
at Lepetkota in Dibrugarh district.
- Reliance has formed a joint venture with Andhra Pradesh
Technological Services to set up 7,500 Internet kiosks across Andhra
Pradesh to provide electronic governance to rural areas.
- Reliance Industries as entered into a collaboration agreement with
Nova Chemicals of Switzerland for the manufacture of high density
polyethylene and develop new grades of polymers like film, pipe, blow
moulded containers etc.
- Reliance has been awarded the entertainment centre property in
Mumbai's upscale Bandra-Kurla commercial complex.
- Reliance holds a 30% interest in an unincorporated joint venture
with Enron and ONGC, to develop the proven Panna, Mukta and Tapti
(PMT) oil and gas fields. Enron has a 30% share and ONGC the balance
- During FY 2000-01, Reliance was, in a 90:10 consortium with Niko
Resources of Canada, awarded 12 new exploration blocks by the
government through a process of competitive international bidding.
- Reliance Industries and RPG have envisaged interest in setting up a
convergence network in industrial township of greater Noida.
- In April 2001, RIL successfully completed the first phase of a
comprehensive restructuring plan for its textiles business located at
Naroda, near Ahmedabad in the state of Gujarat, which presently
contributes 1% of RIL's total revenues.
- Fitch Ratings India Ltd. has assigned `Ind AAA' rating to the Rs
5,000-crore non-convertible debentures of the Company.
- Reliance Industries has acquired an equity stake in five of Tullow
Oil's blocks in Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh.
- Reliance Industries has signed a memorandum of associatin with
National Iranian oil and BP to undertake a million easibility
study to develop an LNG project in southern Iran.
- Reliance Industries has entered into an alliance with
Bangalore-based Indus League for the manufacture of its sole branded
- The Company has extended the share buyback programme for one more
year as it has not bought back any shares during the current buyback
- Reliance Industries has raised its stake in Larsen & Tourbo from
0.38 percent to 2.87 percent.
- It has increased its stake in equity share capital of BSES, an
electirc utility company, through open offer to 27%. Further it has
announced the largest share buy back of Rs 1,100 crore at a maximum
price of Rs 303 per share.
- Reliance Industries will invest Rs 1,500 crore (0 million) in
oil and gas exploration and production sector over the next three
- : Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has been granted the Golden Super
Star Trading House status by the Directorate-General of Foreign Trade
(DGFT) in recognition of RIL's outstanding achievement in export. RIL
is the first manufacturer-exporter to be given this status
- RIL has obtained ISO 9002 certification from BVQI for its
Patalganga and Hazira complexes. RIL is the first private sector
company in India to be rated by the international
credit rating agencies.
- Reliance is the world's third largest producer of paraxylene
(PX),and the world's fourth largest producer of PTA. Within the
country, Reliance is the largest manufacturer of PX, PTA and MEG,
with a marketshare of over 80%.
- Reliance is the largest producer of polymers in the country with a
marketshare of 52%. Reliance has a capacity of nearly a million
tonnes per year of polypropylene (PP), 400,000 tonnes per year of
polyethylene (PE) and 300,000 tonnes per year of polyvinyl chloride
-In Nov. 2001, Reliance Industries sold its just over 10% equity
stake in Larsen & Toubro, the second largest player in the cement
industry, to Grasim Industries for Rs 766.5 crore. The divestment of
the L&T stake is in consonance with its declared objectives of
from its investments, in the interests of maximising overall
- In Jan. 2002, Reliance Petroinvestments has become a subsidiary of
the company, while Reliance Life Insurance Company and Reliance
General Insurance Company have ceased to be subsidiaries of the
- In March 2002, the Board approved the proposal for amalgamation of
Reliance Petroleum Limited (RPL) with the Company. The proposed
Scheme of Amalgamation provides that the amalgamation will take
effect from the Appointed Date i.e. April 1, 2001. All
obligations of RPL will vest in the company w.e.f from the said
appointed date. One equity share of the company will be allotted for
every eleven equity shares of RPL held.
- Shareholders of Reliance Petroleum Ltd on April 15 approved the
merger of RPL with Reliance Industries Ltd at a meeting held in
Jamnagar and convened under the orders of the Gujarat High Court.
- Reliance Industries acquires 26% state & management control in
Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd. (IPCL) by paying Rs 1490.84
crore to Government of India.
- Discovers gas it its offshore exploration in Gujarat
- Finds more gas in Block D6 in the deep waters of Krishna Godavari
- Shuts down the aromatics plant at Jamnagar, Gujarat
- Company’s Hazira manufacturing unit gets IMC-Bajaj quality award
- Discovers fourth gas in KG-basin
- Unveils two improved lines of acrylic fibres
- Anil Ambani appointed as BSES MD
- Reduces stake in BSES from 55% to 49.5% and BSES ceases to be
subsidiary of the company due to the disinvestment
- Revises reserves of gas in Krishna Godavari Basin to 10.45
trillion cubic feet
- Signs pact with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
(CSIR) to create breakthrough technology in key areas from laboratory
to commercial scale wherein the company will be offered the first
right to the IPR (intellectual property right) for commercial
- Ties up with DuPont Polyester Technologies (DPT) for the research
and development (R&D) of the advanced polyester process and product
technologies in India
- Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) convert 24 million shares of
the company into Global Depository Receipts (GDRs)
- Strikes substantial gas reserves in Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh
- Shifts corporate headquarters from Maker Tower IV, in Nariman Point
to Reliance Centre in Bellard Pier
- Oil discovered in RIL's exploration block 9 in Yemen in which the
company holds 20% shares
- Global rating agency Moody's changes the outlook on debt securities
of the company from negative to stable
- Incidence of leakage in the FCC section of the company's refinery
at Jamnagar, in the State of Gujarat
-Anil Ambani, Vice Chairman & Manading Director, voted as MTV Youth
Icon of the Year
-Initiated the work on deep-water exploration block, KG-D6, in the
Krishna-Godavari basin off the Andhra Pradesh coast.
-RIL bags fourth slot among `Top 10' in Asiamoney's corporate
governance poll on Asian companies in the energy sector. And joined
the club of a select few Asian companies and is the only Indian
private sector enterprise to find a place in the `Top 5' in the
energy sector category
-Mukesh Ambani, chairman and managing director (CMD), donates
million to health programmes of the International Federation of Red
Cross (IFRC) and Red Crescent Societies
-Reliance exhorts NTPC Kayamkulam plant transplantation to Kakinada
-Reliance occupies top slot in oil exports
-Munich Re throws away Reinsurance JV program with RIL
-Reliance Industries Associate signs MOU with National Organic
Chemicals Industries Limited (NOCIL) fo taking over its
petrochemicals & plastic products division
-IPCL picks up gas from Petronet LNG
-Reliance Industries Ltd has informed that FLAG Telecom on January
12, 2004 announced that the Company (FLAG Telecom) has amalgamated
with Reliance Gateway
-Reliance Jamnagar refinery voted best among 50 refineries worldwide
-Gujarat gives away Gujarat Garima Awards to Tata, Ambani
-Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has increased the capacity of its
Jamnagar refinery to 33 million tonnes from 30 million tonnes.
-Mukesh Ambani ranks 40th in the world business leaders
-Reliance join hands with Gail for Indo-Iran natural gas pipeline
-Reliance Industries, country' largest private sector company, has
surged ahead of global players after it posted a net profit of more
than billion in 2003-04.
-Reliance Industries Ltd has bagged a National Thermal Power
Corporation (NTPC) order to supply 3 million tonnes of natural gas
per annum for the latter's proposed 1300-MW power stations at Kawas
and Gandhar in Gujarat for seventeen years
-RIL chairman wins Asia Society Leadership award
-RIL, IOC inks deal for petro goods offtake
-Reliance Industries announced that it had acquired Trevira, a
polyester company in Germany, for around Rs 440 crore (E80m), taking
it closer to the position of the world's largest polyester maker
-RIL appoints Parthiv Patel as sports executive
-Reliance Industries takes over NIS Sparta
-Reliance join hands with Temasek for 0 mn Power Fund
-Reliance picks up Nasscom IT Excellence Award
-RIL gets `Petrochemicals Company of the Year' award for 2004
-RIL partners with Vivada for sale of diesel to fishing trawlers and
-Reliance Industries Ltd was awarded the `International Refiner of
the Year' 2005 at the World Refining and Fuels Conference's awards
ceremony held in San Francisco on March 10, 2005.
-Reliance Industries wins annual '2005 ASTD Best Award' from American
Society for Training & Development
-Reliance Industries wins two National Energy Conservation awards
-Reliance Industries bags 'National Award for R&D Efforts in Industry
-RIL inks MoU with HSIDC for establish multi-product SEZ
-Reliance Infocomm has joined hands with Vyjayanti Movies, the
producers of 'Jai Chiranjeeva' featuring Tollywood megastar
Chiranjeevi, Sameera Reddy and Bhumika Chawla.
-RIL inks marketing pact with Gulf Oil
-Reliance Industries has unveiled the much-talked about Reliance
Fresh brand, the first format of the company's Rs 25,000-crore retail
initiative, here on October 29.
-Reliance inks JV with Yemen oil firm for refinery
--Gail India Ltd and Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) signing a
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in gas sector on
March 15, 2007.
- Reliance Industries Ltd has appointed Dr. R A Mashelkar has been
appointed as an Additional Director on the Company's Board.
-Reliance Industries Ltd has formed a 0 million joint-venture with
Mammut Group of Dubai.
-Reliance signs agreement to acquire assets in Malaysia Consolidating
global polyester vision.
-RIL buys Malaysian based polyester firm.
-Reliance Industries Ltd has signed Technical Evaluation Agreement in
2005 which has been converted to Hydrocarbon Production and
Exploitation Contracts with Agenda Nacional de Hydrocarburos (ANH) of
Colombia for two Offshore blocks, Borojo (pronounced as Boroho) North
and Borojo South.
- Reliance Industries makes Another Gas Discovery in Shallow Water
Block in the Krishna Basin.
- RIL wins a Deep Water block in NELP VII
- Reliance Industries Strikes Eighth Gas Discovery in Block NEC - 25
in the Mahanadi Basin
- Reliance signed an agreement to acquire certain polyester
(capacity) assets of Hualon, Malaysia.
- Reliance also signed MoU with GAIL (India) Limited to explore
opportunities of setting up petrochemical plants in feedstock rich
countries outside India
- Reliance Industries has discovered natural gas reserves in a well
drilled on its NEC-25 block in Mahanadi basin, off the Orissa coast.
- Reliance Industries has raised around Rs 3,188 crore through sale
of 1.50 crore equity shares of the company.
- RIL joins the league of global deepwater oil and gas operators -
RIL commenced production of hydrocarbons in its KGD6 block in the
Krishna Godavari basin with the production of sweet crude of 420
- RPL merger with RIL: Value creation through scale and synergies -
The merger of Reliance Petroleum Limited (RPL) with Reliance
Industries Limited (RIL) has enabled seamless integration of
operational scale and financial synergies that existed between the
-Reliance Industries has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
- Haryana Special Economic Zone (SEZ), Reliance Industries (RIL) has
roped in a partner, in a bid to re-energize its dormant.
- RIL has bought around 3 mn barrels of spot crude from Brazilian
company Petrobras. The delivery is expected in the next two months.
The purchase was fuelled by lower freight rates and weaker US crude
prices as compared to Europe. Reliance has bought a VLCC of
Roncador Heavy and Albacora crudes to be loaded this month, and a
Suezmax of October-loading Marlin.
- During the year, RIL and BP announced a strategic partnership in
the oil and gas business. This partnership comprises BP taking 30 per
cent stake in 23 oil and gas production sharing contracts that
Reliance operates in India, including the KG-D6 block, and the
formation of a joint venture (50:50) for sourcing and marketing gas
- The Company entered into partnerships in the United States of
America with Atlas Energy, Pioneer Natural Resources and Carrizo Oil
& Gas through three distinctive joint venture agreements.
- RIL and Russia's SIBUR announced a joint venture for the setting up
of a facility for producing 100,000 tonnes of butyl rubber in India.
- RIL acquired a 95% stake in Infotel Broadband Services Limited,
which emerged as a successful bidder in all the 22 circles of the
auction for Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) spectrum conducted by the
Department of Telecommunication, Government of India. RIL has invested
Rs. 4,201.64 crore by way of subscription to equity capital issued by
- Reliance Industries (RIL) entered a deal with NTPC and GAIL,
ensuring supply of more gas to Andhra Pradesh power projects by the
end of April, 2011
- Reliance signed MoU with Gujarat on petroleum education
- Reliance-BP deal strengthened productivity at D-6 block
- RIL - Reliance Industries and D. E. Shaw Group announced Joint
- Reliance Industries Ltd. awarded Application Level A+ by GRI for
Sustainability Report New Businesses. New Technologies. New
- RIL - Reliance Industries finds Gas and Condensate Discovery In
- Reliance partners with Siemens to bring state-of-the-art homeland
security solutions to the Indian market
- RIL signs .2 bn oil & gas deal with BP
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) and the state-run
oil giant Petroleos de Venezuela, SA (PDVSA) has inked 15 year supply
agreements with the company.
- Reliance Brands partnered with US based Iconix Brand Group
- Reliance Mutual Fund launched a new close ended income scheme named
“Reliance Fixed Horizon Fund - XXII - Series 33” with
maturity time of 550 days
- RIL - Jamnagar SEZ Refinery wins coveted British Safety Council's
Globe of Honors
- RIL - SIBUR and Reliance form a Joint Venture to produce butyl
rubber in India
- RIL in deal with Texas-based Fluor Corp
- RIL inked MoU with TV18 groups to get access to content for 4G
- Reliance Industries Ltd partnered with Himachal Futuristic
Communications Ltd to provide 4G network.
- RIL signed Cisco to develop core technology framework for 4G