Skimming is an act of illegally copying the data from the magnetic stripe of a credit, debit or ATM card.
State Bank of India, the largest lender in India, on Friday, sent out an alert to its cardholders about card skimming, advising them to take cautionary measures.
Skimming is an act of illegally copying the data from the magnetic stripe of a credit, debit or ATM card. With an increasing number of banking frauds, SBI is reportedly creating awareness amongst customers to prevent any such instances through such alerts.
In a mail and message alert sent to the bank’s customers, SBI also laid out multiple steps to prevent cardholders from falling victims to the fraud.
- Do not hand over your SBI Card to anyone, including company representatives
- Cover your keypad while entering your PIN
- Always ensure that your card is used/ swiped in your presence
- Remember to collect your card after the transaction
- Do not disclose your PIN to anyone, including the persons claiming to be SBI Card representative
- Insist on dipping the card in the POS machine than swiping the card
The PSU bank has also asked its customers not to reveal anybody:-
- SBI card’s 4-digit PIN and OTP
- CVV and other card details
- User ID and Password of SBI Card online account
Unlock 75% more savings this festive season. Get Moneycontrol Pro for a year for Rs 289 only.
Coupon code: DIWALI. Offer valid till 10th November, 2019 .