1905 - The Company was Incorporated at Mumbai.
- The Company's object is to manufacture cotton textile goods.
products manufactured include bed-tickings, drills, coatings,
leno-shirtings, mercerised and bleached dhoties, bleached and
mercerised and printed voiles, chintz, handkerchief, surgical
cotton wool and absorbent lint, bleached and dyed chaddars.
Mills are equipped to do bleaching dyeing, mercerising,
and calendering. The Company also has a copper roller
plant, a foundry and a workshop.
1947 - 16,000 bonus equity shares issued in the prop. 2:1.
1948 - 24,000 Bonus equity shares issued in the prop. 1:1.
1966 - 16,000 Bonus equity shares issued in the prop. 1:3.
1969 - 8,000 Bonus equity shares issued in the prop. 1:8.
1972 - The Company purchased Deepchand Mills, Ujjain. It started
manufacturing grey cloth, part of which was being processed
the Mumbai unit. The Ujjain unit was sold to Indore Textile
on 10th February, 1977.
1975 - 48,000 Bonus equity shares issued in the prop. 2:3.
1987 - The Company came under the provisions of the Sick Industrial
Companies (Sp. Provisions) Act, 1985 due to erosion in its
networth. Between 1988-89 to 1992-93, the company continued
be a potentially sick unit.
1995 - 1,25,000 No. of equity shares allotted at par to the
1996 - The company has alloted 1,25,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.
100/- each, at par, as a result of which the paid up share
capital of the company stands enhanced to Rs.2.45 crores.
- During the year Company has made two subsidiary companies
Exotic Finvest Pvt. Ltd., and Bellona Finvest Ltd., A
on subsidiary companies as required u/s 212 of the Companies
1956 is annexed to the accounts.
- Installation of high efficiency motors. Installation of
capacitors and condensers on electrical distribution system.
- During the year the company installed and commissioned Thermo
pack and Steam pack boilers.
- The company proposes to have a R & D department.
1998 - The conflict between the workers' unions that forced the
of Phoenix Mills for the last three days, has been defused
the intervention of the Maharashtra Labour Minister.
- Work at the mill was stopped on April 6, after a notice was
posted at the entrance saying only those workers who had
an agreement between the management and Rashtriya Mill
Sangh (RMMS) could enter the premises.
1999 - PHOENIX Mills Ltd has been declared no longer sick by the
for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR).
- The company has modernised the spinning section and is
quality yarn instead of taking up job work which it was doing
- Phoenix Mills has modernised the processing unit in phases
during the last five years and diversified the product mix by
introduction of synthetic and hosiery processing with 100 per
cent job work for exporters and introduced cost saving
such as energy conservation, tightening of material purchase
management and reduction in direct labour cost.
2000 - The Company has approved preferential issue of equity shares
Mr Saghan Srivastava has been appointed as Company Secretary of the
Company wef November 15, 2003.
-Phoenix Mills has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 4:1
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 0 to Rs 10
-Phoenix Mills Ltd has appointment of Shri. Atul A Ruia as the Joint
Managing Director of the Company.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs10/- to Rs2/-.
- The Phoenix Mills Limited has appointed Ms. Minal Bhate- Dandekar
as the Company Secretary of the Company with effect from August 17,
- Board has recommended Final Dividend at the rate of 60%.
- Board has recommended Dividend at the rate of 90% (Rs. 1.80/- per
share for every one fully paid share of face value Rs. 2/- each) for
the financial year ended March 31, 2011.
- Mr Shishir Shrivastava was appointed as group CEO & Joint Managing
- Ms. Shinanji Mamtani has been appointed as Company Secretary of the
Company with effect from March 19, 2012.
- Board has recommended a dividend of Rs. 2/- per equity share.
- The Phoenix Mills launches its largest Residential project One
Bangalore West in Rajajinagar Bangalore; books sales worth Rs. 530
- Phoenix Mills Ltd has informed BSE regarding Commencement of
Operations of Shangrila Hotel.