HomeNewsTechnologyGoogle may pull the plug on Duo for Meet

Google may pull the plug on Duo for Meet

The company is said to take nearly two years to make a transition from Duo to Meet.

August 15, 2020 / 14:51 IST
Story continues below Advertisement

Google may soon kill one of its video-calling apps Google Duo in favour of Google Meet.

Both Google Duo and Google Meet offer video-calling services. However, Google Meet is relatively-popular as the free video-calling service supports a lot more users in a single meeting. Meet was also recently integrated within the Gmail app

Story continues below Advertisement

The decision of killing Google Duo is the result of Google placing its consumer communication services — Duo, Messages, and Android’s Phone app — under the leadership of G Suite head Javier Soltero, reported 9to5Google.

Soltero, in May, had told employees that it does not make sense for Duo and Meet to coexist. Google made Meet free for everyone earlier this year in a bid to compete against Zoom.