HomeEntertainmentKapil Sharma reacts to the attack on his Kap's café in Canada: ‘After every firing incident, we got a bigger opening’

Kapil Sharma reacts to the attack on his Kap's café in Canada: ‘After every firing incident, we got a bigger opening’

Kapil Sharma broke his silence on the three firing incidents at his Surrey cafe, saying the attacks sparked political attention in Canada and, in an odd twist, ended up driving even more customers to the place.

November 26, 2025 / 16:54 IST
Story continues below Advertisement
Kapil Sharma reacts to the attack on his Kap's café in Canada: ‘After every firing incident, we got a bigger opening’
Kapil Sharma reacts to the attack on his Kap's café in Canada: ‘After every firing incident, we got a bigger opening’

Actor and comedian Kapil Sharma has finally spoken at length about the three firing incidents at his Surrey-based Kap’s Cafe, saying the repeated attacks not only triggered political conversations in Canada but unexpectedly boosted business.

The actor-comedian addressed the issue during the trailer launch of his upcoming film Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon 2, where he was asked about the shootings.

Kapil Sharma’s cafe in Surrey, British Columbia, opened in July and was first targeted on July 10. Two more attacks followed on August 7 and October 16. No injuries were reported, and no group has claimed responsibility so far.

Story continues below Advertisement

Sharing his view on the situation, Kapil said, “What I feel is that the rules there and the police perhaps don't have power to control (such incident). But when our case happened, it went to federal government and there was a discussion in Canadian parliament.”

Instead of letting fear take over, the comedian said the bizarre outcome was that each attack drew more customers. “In fact, after every firing incident, we got a bigger opening at the cafe. So it is all ok if god is with me,” he added.