Moneycontrol
HomeNewsIndiaShooting down chopper on Feb 27 was 'big mistake', says IAF chief

Shooting down chopper on Feb 27 was 'big mistake', says IAF chief

Ahead of the press conference, the IAF also showed video clips of the Balakot strikes.

October 04, 2019 / 14:23 IST
Story continues below Advertisement

Air Chief Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria on October 4 described as a "big mistake" the IAF shooting down its helicopter in Kashmir on February 27, when Indian and Pakistani forces engaged in a dogfight, and said punitive action is being taken against the guilty.

The operational preparedness of the IAF has been of a very high order and it achieved a number of operational milestones last year, including the Balakot strikes, Bhadauria said at the Indian Air Force's annual press conference.

Story continues below Advertisement

The IAF is prepared to meet any contingency and does not rest on past laurels, Bhadauria said.

Ahead of the press conference, the IAF also showed video clips of the Balakot strikes.