Iceland has qualified for the first time for the World Cup.
The 2018 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to be held in Russia from 14th June to 15th July. All teams have qualified for the tournament and these teams are required to register a squad of 23 players, which includes three goalkeepers. Only players from this squad can play in the tournament.
The 32 teams will be divided into eight groups of four teams each – Group A to Group H. The four teams in Group D are: Argentina, Croatia, Iceland and Nigeria.
Iceland has qualified for the first time for the World Cup by winning the Russia qualifying Group I. Their FIFA ranking is 22. Let’s look at Iceland’s official squad for FIFA World Cup, 2018.
Coach: Heimir Hallgrímsson
- Hannes Halldórsson - Goalkeeper - 34 years old - 48 caps
- Birkir Sævarsson - Defender - 33 years old - 79 caps
- Samúel Friðjónsson - Midfielder - 22 years old - 4 caps
- Albert Guðmundsson - Midfielder - 20 years old - 5 caps
- Sverrir Ingason - Defender - 24 years old - 19 caps
- Ragnar Sigurðsson - Defender - 31 years old - 76 caps
- Jóhann Guðmundsson - Midfielder - 27 years old - 66 caps
- Birkir Bjarnason - Midfielder - 30 years old - 66 caps
- Björn Sigurðarson - Forward - 27 years old - 11 caps
- Gylfi Sigurðsson - Midfielder - 28 years old - 56 caps
- Alfreð Finnbogason - Forward - 29 years old - 46 caps
- Frederik Schram - Goalkeeper - 23 years old - 4 caps
- Rúnar Rúnarsson - Goalkeeper - 23 years old - 3 caps
- Kári Árnason - Defender - 35 years old - 66 caps
- Hólmar Eyjólfsson - Defender - 27 years old - 9 caps
- Ólafur Skúlason - Midfielder - 35 years old - 35 caps
- Aron Gunnarsson (captain) - Midfielder - 29 years old - 77 caps
- Hörður Magnússon - Defender - 25 years old - 16 caps
- Rúrik Gíslason - Midfielder - 30 years old - 46 caps
- Emil Hallfreðsson - Midfielder - 33 years old - 63 caps
- Arnór Traustason - Midfielder - 25 years old - 18 caps
- Jón Böðvarsson - Forward - 26 years old - 37 caps
- Ari Skúlason - Defender - 31 years old - 55 caps