With this update, the OnePlus 5 and 5T will join the OnePlus 6 and 6T in the list of OnePlus devices running on the latest version of the Android OS.
Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus is rolling out an Android 9.0 update for OnePlus 5 and 5T devices. The company announced the rollout of OxygenOS Open Beta 22 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 5T on its official forum.
With this update, the OnePlus 5 and 5T will join the OnePlus 6 and 6T in the list of OnePlus devices running on the latest version of the Android OS. However, the update is still in beta mode, which means there might be stability issues and the company has issued caution against potential risks.
"…this is a beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks," Manu J, Global Product Operations Manager, OnePlus, said in the post.
Here is the list of changes:
- Updated system to Android 9.0 Pie
- Added brand-new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (this is only for 5T)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.11
- Optimizations for background app process handling
Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- Introduced UI Improvements for emergency rescue
- Optimized UI for speed dial and calling interface
- Enabled assigning a specific SIM to a particular contact or group of contacts when using two SIM cards
- Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel apps
- Enabled switching dynamically to your current location
- Added suggestions displayed when the search function is used
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app from refreshing when the location is changed
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some users being unable to find certain locations
Unlock 75% more savings this festive season. Get Moneycontrol Pro for a year for Rs 289 only.
Coupon code: DIWALI. Offer valid till 10th November, 2019 .