Madhya Pradesh minister Kailash Vijayvargiya has asserted that BJP does not need Kamal Nath and its doors are closed for him, amid suspense over the next political move of the senior Congress leader.
The former BJP general secretary was reacting to queries over speculation that Kamal Nath might join his party. I had said there is no need of Kamal Nath in our party and that's why its doors were closed for him, he told reporters on Wednesday.
Speculations are rife ever since former MP chief minister Nath and his MP son Nakul Nath reached New Delhi last week. However, Nath confidant Sajjan Singh Verma had denied reports that the 77-year-old veteran Congress leader would join BJP.
Amid the suspense over Nath's next political move, several local leaders of the party from his stronghold of MP's Chhindwara district joined the BJP on Wednesday. To a question about Digvijaya Singh's comments concerning extradition of fugitive diamond merchant Nirav Modi, Vijayvargiya said the senior Congress leader and others like him were frustrated.
They know that their future is bleak given that their party's leader has become redundant, said Vijayvargiya, adding, So, in frustration they say anything.
Discover the latest Business News, Sensex, and Nifty updates. Obtain Personal Finance insights, tax queries, and expert opinions on Moneycontrol or download the Moneycontrol App to stay updated!
Find the best of Al News in one place, specially curated for you every weekend.
Stay on top of the latest tech trends and biggest startup news.