Moneycontrol PRO
you are here: HomeNewsPhotosTrends

In pics: Fire breaks out at Pune EV showroom, 7 electric bikes gutted

According to a fire brigade official, the bikes were plugged in for charging and prima facie a short circuit might have occurred due to overcharging that led to the fire.

July 19, 2022 / 01:13 PM IST
Fire fighters suspect overcharging to have caused the fire.
At least seven electric bikes kept at a showroom here in Maharashtra were gutted in fire on Monday night during charging, fire brigade officials said. (Image credit: ANI)
Seven bikes were gutted in the blaze.
The incident occurred at an e-bike shop in Pune. According to a fire brigade official, the bikes were plugged in for charging and prima facie a short circuit might have occurred due to overcharging that led to the fire. (Image credit: ANI)
Fire department officials suspect overcharging may have caused the blaze.
Nobody was injured in the incident, but seven electric bikes were gutted. (Image credit: ANI)
Nobody was injured in the incident.
"We received a call at around 8 pm. The blaze was doused with the help of four water tenders," a fire department official said. (Image credit: ANI)
Moneycontrol News
first published: Jul 19, 2022 01:13 pm
Sections
ISO 27001 - BSI Assurance Mark