Summer Fields School, a private school in south Delhi's Greater Kailash, received a bomb threat via email which turned out to be a hoax after nothing suspicious was during a thorough check, officials said on August 2, the latest in a string of such fake alerts to hit schools in the national capital.
The email, sent late at night, said a bomb had been planted on the school's premises. A thorough check was done by a bomb detection team and nothing suspicious was found, a police officer said. A probe is underway.
Speaking to ANI, school principal Shalini Agarwal said, "We received an email late at night which was checked early morning today. As per the SOP, we evacuated the students within 10 minutes of receiving the email. We informed the police and district administration, and we are thankful to the police - they supported us magnificently as they came immediately. There are hardly any students here, we are just waiting for a few parents to come and collect their wards. Police and bomb squad are here and they are checking the premises...There was absolutely no panic amongst the parents."
On July 28, panic spread across outer Delhi when authorities received a call about a bomb threat on a cluster bus at the Najafgarh More.
While no bomb was found on the bus, officials found a small parcel with wires wrapped around it, prompting further investigation.
On May 1, 100 schools across Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR) received bomb threats by email, prompting school authorities to ask parents to pick up their children and central agencies to launch a probe.
Discover the latest Business News, Sensex, and Nifty updates. Obtain Personal Finance insights, tax queries, and expert opinions on Moneycontrol or download the Moneycontrol App to stay updated!
Find the best of Al News in one place, specially curated for you every weekend.
Stay on top of the latest tech trends and biggest startup news.