HomeNewsIndiaKids vs Kids: In Sunjay Kapur’s inheritance war, Priya’s son now challenges claims of Karisma’s children

Kids vs Kids: In Sunjay Kapur’s inheritance war, Priya’s son now challenges claims of Karisma’s children

Previously, Priya Kapur had told the high court that it was a 'healthy tradition' for a husband to give all his assets to his wife.

November 22, 2025 / 15:40 IST
Story continues below Advertisement
Sunjay Kapur, Sunjay Kapur news, Sunjay Kapur latest news, Sunjay Kapur top news, Sunjay Kapur inheritance, Sunjay Kapur case, Sunjay Kapur Delhi High Court, Karisma Kapoor, Priya Sachdev, Priya Sachdev Kapur
Sunjay Kapur passed away on June 12, after collapsing during a polo match in England.

The intense battle over the Rs 30,000-crore estate of late industrialist Sunjay Kapur has taken a dramatic new twist. Months after Sunjay’s children with former wife Karisma Kapoor moved the Delhi High Court, his minor son with his third wife and widow, Priya Sachdev Kapur, has now challenged the plea filed by Samaira and Kiaan Raj Kapur.

According to a PTI report, the counsel representing the six-year-old argued that the plea by Karisma’s children was based on “speculation and guesswork.”

Story continues below Advertisement

“This entire case is based on speculation and guesswork. Their case is that on July 30, the executor read out the document hurriedly, slashed a portion, and read it out selectively. At that point, they admittedly knew three things — the date, the witnesses, and that they were excluded,” senior advocate Akhil Sibal, appearing for Priya’s son, submitted before Justice Jyoti Singh, who is hearing the matter.

Previously, Priya Kapur had told the high court that it was a "healthy tradition" for a husband to give all his assets to his wife. She had also refuted the claim of Karisma's children that their father's alleged will had surfaced under suspicious circumstances.