172@29@17@151!~!172@29@0@53!~!|news|business|stocks|accumulate-hdfc-target-of-rs-2093-prabhudas-lilladher-5633271.html!~!news|moneycontrol|com!~!|controller|infinite_scroll_article.php!~!is_mobile=false
Moneycontrol
Uncover the potential of active and passive investing on 6th October at 4pm. Register Now!
Last Updated : Aug 03, 2020 04:12 PM IST | Source: Moneycontrol.com

Accumulate HDFC; target of Rs 2093: Prabhudas Lilladher

Prabhudas Lilladher recommended accumulate rating on HDFC with a target price of Rs 2093 in its research report dated July 30, 2020.

Broker Research

Prabhudas Lilladher's research report on HDFC


Q1FY21 earnings reported 37%QoQ uptick largely led by stake sale gains of Rs12.4bn in HDFC Life during the quarter. PPoP too reported sequentially better 21% growth. YoY PAT de-grew by 5% as Co. made hefty Rs12bn provisioning led by COVID challenges. While current NPA position is masked by moratorium dispensation, overall morat loans declining to 22% from 27% in phase 1 is quite comforting. Moreover, individual loans morat 2 too declining to 17% from 23% earlier. As retail morat slippages are being tackled effectively, we maintain caution on developer/LRD businesses given macro headwinds. Said that, HDFC stands well positioned to tackle morat led slippages given elevated provisioning (47% ECL coverage), high liquid funds on BS (Rs308bn), healthy deposit amelioration (26%Yoy growth) and tier I of 16%. Q1FY21 also saw HDFC maintaining pricing power (exclusive of negative carry cost, NIMs stood steady at 3.3%) in the heated home loan market with rates revision. Besides, with sizeable capitalization backed by strong internal accruals, subsidiary stake sale gains and another Rs145bn capital raise approval in pipe-line, HDFC stands geared for both organic/inorganic growth opportunities once economy normalizes.


Outlook


As subsidiaries contributing as high as 59% to SOTP, we also tweak holding company discount to 18% (earlier 15%) and rollover core book multiple to Sep-22 estimates at 1.6x arriving at SOTP price of Rs2,093.


For all recommendations report, click here


Disclaimer: The views and investment tips expressed by investment experts/broking houses/rating agencies on moneycontrol.com are their own, and not that of the website or its management. Moneycontrol.com advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.

First Published on Aug 3, 2020 02:02 pm
Sections