SBI home loans at 6.70%: Step-by-step guide and other details
The main objective of this campaign of SBI is to help more and more people to get their own home at low interest rates and without paying processing fee, making the home loan business simpler and more attractive.
September 22, 2021 / 01:56 PM IST
SBI offers customised home loans as per the requirement of individuals
The State Bank of India (SBI) has introduced first-of-its kind credit score linked home loans at 6.7 percent for its customers for any loan amount.
SBI Chief General Manager (CGM) Umesh Kumar Pandey informed that this drive to provide home loans at concessional interest rates will be completed in two phases, the bank said in its official release.
The first phase will be operated from September 1 to October 31, while the second phase will be operational from November 1 to December 31, it said.
Earlier the home loan interest rate was different for salaried and non-salaried homebuyers wherein the non-salaried had to pay higher interest rates that their salaried counterparts.
“Now, there is no occupation-linked interest premium being charged to prospective home loan borrowers. This would lead to a further interest saving of 15 bps to non-salaried borrowers," the bank clarified.
The main objective of this campaign of SBI is to help more and more people to get their own home at low interest rates and without paying processing fee, making the home loan business simpler and more attractive, it added.
SBI offers customised home loans as per the requirement of individuals with home loans such as Regular Home Loan, SBI Privilege Home Loan for government employees, SBI Shaurya Home Loan for army and defense personnel, SBI MaxGain Home Loan, SBI Smart Home, Top-up Loan for existing customers, SBI NRI Home Loan, SBI FlexiPay Home Loan for loan of higher amount and SBI HerGhar Home Loan for women.Features of the credit score linked SBI home loans:
- Low interest rates
- Zero processing charges
- No hidden or administrative charges
- Interest concession for women borrowers
- First-of-its kind credit score linked home loans
- No prepayment penalties
- Interest calculation on a daily reducing balance
- Home loan also available as an overdraft
To apply for SBI home loan, customers can now click on the link and fill the required details like account number and mobile number to check eligibility and loan quotation.
Customers can also apply for a home loan using YONO SBI at the comfort of their home.Here is how to apply:
Documents required for availing the home loan
- Login to your YONO account
- On the home page, click on the menu (three lines) on the top extreme left
- Click on loans
- Click on Home Loan
- Do a quick eligibility check by providing your date of birth
- Enter your income source
- Enter your net monthly income
- Details of any other loans
- Check your eligible loan amount and proceed
- Fill in the other required details and click on submit
- You will get a reference number and an SBI executive will call you shortly
- Employer Identity Card
- Loan Application: Completed loan application form duly filled in affixed with three Passport size photographs
- Proof of Identity (Any one): PAN/ Passport/ Driver’s License/ Voter ID card
- Proof of Residence/ Address (Any one): Recent copy of Telephone Bill/ Electricity Bill/Water Bill/ Piped Gas Bill or copy of Passport/ Driving License/ Aadhar Card
- Permission for construction (where applicable)
- Registered Agreement for Sale (only for Maharashtra)/Allotment Letter/Stamped Agreement for Sale
- Occupancy Certificate (in case of ready to move property)
- Share Certificate (only for Maharashtra), Maintenance Bill, Electricity Bill, Property Tax Receipt
- Approved Plan copy (Xerox Blueprint) & Registered Development Agreement of the builder, Conveyance Deed (For New Property)
- Payment Receipts or bank A/C statement showing all the payments made to Builder/Seller
Income Proof for Salaried Applicant/ Co-applicant/ Guarantor:
- Last six months' Bank Account Statements for all Bank Accounts held by the applicant/s
- If any previous loan from other Banks/Lenders, then Loan A/C statement for last one year
Income Proof for Non-Salaried Applicant/ Co-applicant/ Guarantor:
- Salary Slip or Salary Certificate of last three months
- Copy of Form 16 for last two years or copy of IT Returns for last two financial years, acknowledged by IT Dept.
- Business address proof
- IT returns for last three years
- Balance Sheet & Profit & Loss A/c for last three years
- Business License Details(or equivalent)
- TDS Certificate (Form 16A, if applicable)
- Certificate of qualification (for C.A./ Doctor and other professionals)