Equity and Debt Funds closed with positive returns on Thursday as the markets closed flat with a positive bias on December derivative contracts expiry day.
Equity Mutual Funds closed in a positive terrain as markets closed flat with a positive bias on December derivative contracts expiry day, but the broader markets outperformed benchmarks for the third consecutive session on Thursday. All the funds belonging to Equity category delivered stable performance registering very few decline.
On the sector front, barring Pharma & Healthcare funds all other funds closed with positive returns.
The Nifty rose 10.50 points to close at 6,278.90 and the Sensex climbed 41.88 points to 21,074.59 while the BSE Midcap Index was up 0.4 percent and Smallcap gained 1.15 percent.
In the fixed income space, funds in the Long and Short term domain delivered stable performance. The government securities ( G-Sec) ended mixed on bouts of buying and selling, while the call money rates finished lower at the overnight call money market here today due lack of demand from borrowing banks.
Here is the day’s performance and the gainers and losers across categories.
Equity diversified: Top gainers
* Escorts Power and Energy Fund (G) up 1.81%
* DSP BlackRock Micro Cap Fund - Regular Plan (G) up 1.60%
* SBI Small & Midcap Fund (G) up 1.60%
Equity diversified: Top losers
* JM Core 11 Fund (G) down 0.36%
* Sundaram Media & Entertainment Opportunities - Retail (G) down 0.30%
* Sahara Wealth Plus Fund - Fixed Pricing Option (G) down 0.29%
Tax saving funds: Top gainers
* HDFC Long Term Advantage Fund (G) up 0.61%
* BNP Paribas Tax Advantage Plan (ELSS) (G) up 0.54%
* Tata Infrastructure Tax Saving Fund (G) Fund (G) up 0.54%
Tax saving funds: Top losers
* Reliance Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund (G) down 0.13%
* Sahara Tax Gain (G) down 0.11%
* JM Tax Gain Fund (G) down 0.03%
Sector funds: Top gainers
* Birla Sun Life MNC Fund (G) up 0.89%
* Reliance Diversified Power Sector Fund - Retail Plan (G) up 0.82%
* UTI MNC Fund (G) up 0.68%
Sector funds: Top losers
* JM Basic Fund (G) down 0.31%
* UTI Pharma & Healthcare Fund (G)down 0.28%
Balanced funds: Top gainers
* HDFC Prudence Fund (G) up 0.50%
* ICICI Prudential Balanced Fund (G) up 0.44%
* ICICI Prudential Child Care Plan - Gift Plan up 0.44%
Balanced funds: Top losers
* JM Balanced Fund (G) down 0.02%
Debt funds: Top gainers
* Birla Sun Life Gilt Plus (Regular Plan) (G) down 0.21%
* Daiwa Government Securities Fund - Short Term Plan (G) down 0.20%
* Canara Robeco Gilt PGS (G) down 0.18%
Debt funds: Top losers
* No Losers
For more Mutual Fund News click hereNot sure which mutual funds to buy? Download moneycontrol transact app to get personalised investment recommendations.