September 21, 2018 06:31 PM IST
In June this year, Bayer completed the $63 billion mega-deal to acquire US-based Monsanto to create the world's biggest agro-chemical and seed company.
- September 19, 2018 03:20 PM IST
Samara reportedly acquired a majority 51 percent stake in Aditya Birla Retail, while Amazon's investment arm picked up the remaining 49 percent
- September 18, 2018 10:27 PM IST
Opposing the central government's decision to merge three banks AIBEA General Secretary C H Venkatachalam said there is no evidence that merger of banks would strengthen the banks or make them more efficient.
- September 18, 2018 07:09 PM IST
These three state-run banks would work on strict timeline and necessary regulatory process is expected to be over by the end of 2018-19, they said adding that the merged entity should be operational from April 1, 2019.
- September 18, 2018 06:32 PM IST
Kansas-based ATG helps companies effectively plan, implement, and optimize automated cloud-based quote-to-cash (Q2C) business processes and technologies.
- September 18, 2018 05:52 PM IST
Since there are many problematic banks and few with strong balance sheets, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see banks like Canara Bank and State Bank of India being dragged to the altar to take responsibility of distressed banks.
- September 18, 2018 04:45 PM IST
Walmart India President and CEO Krish Iyer said demonetisation played an extremely important role in the formalisation of economy and it, along with GST implementation, helped the retail sector grow.
- September 18, 2018 12:39 PM IST
The merger will take at least 3-4 quarters to complete and the three banks will function independently until the process is concluded. Take a look at the banks' results from the June quarter
- September 17, 2018 11:25 PM IST
Uber and Careem held preliminary talks in July to combine their Middle Eastern ride-hailing services, hoping to resolve a costly rivalry in the region.
- September 17, 2018 11:53 AM IST
The merged company could raise $250 million from Alibaba Group, while SoftBank could infuse additional capital into the online grocery firm
- September 17, 2018 10:53 AM IST
CEO Parekh said the mergers and acquisitions team at Infosys was evaluating a "shortlist of 15-20 companies".
- September 14, 2018 07:30 PM IST
In a separate filing, the Bengaluru-based company said its Board will meet on 15 and 16 October to consider the financial results for the quarter ended 30 September 2018
- September 14, 2018 05:15 PM IST
Shares of Godrej Agrovet gained 1.81 percent to settle at Rs 587.65 apiece on the BSE following the announcement of the deal.
- September 11, 2018 07:27 PM IST
With most other telecom companies having exited the market, analysts expect Reliance Jio’s market share gains to come at the expense of Vodafone Idea. The new entity trails Reliance Jio and Airtel in network investments.
- September 11, 2018 11:58 AM IST
Aurobindo’s past record of integrating and turning around acquired companies is what keeps investors excited about.
- September 09, 2018 12:07 PM IST
As many as 600-750 Indian companies have been acquired annually over the last decade with an average transaction size of Rs 200 crore
- September 08, 2018 03:08 PM IST
The cheaper valuation of the acquisition target and Aurobindo's past track record in integrating and turning around acquired companies made most analysts and investors give was thumbs-up to the deal
- September 08, 2018 02:58 PM IST
The transaction will position Aurobindo as the second-largest dermatology player and the second-largest generics company in the US, by prescriptions.
- September 07, 2018 07:58 PM IST
IRCON has four road assets in Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhra Pradesh and Karnataka that are valued around Rs 4700 crore.
- September 05, 2018 07:04 PM IST
A subsidiary of L&T Finance Holdings, L&T Finance has a loan book of approximately Rs 800 crore, a staff strength of 50 professionals and operates out of 16 cities in the country.
- September 04, 2018 11:12 PM IST
The LIC told Justice Vibhu Bakhru that it had in the past made several attempts to have bank of its own, but its endeavours had "failed" as "nothing fructified".
- September 04, 2018 09:33 PM IST
Miles focuses on providing on-demand software on wealth and asset management to banks, asset managers and wealth management firms.
- September 04, 2018 08:07 AM IST
On Sunday, India's third largest software services company signed its biggest deal till date - a $1.5 billion 10-year deal with Illinois-based Alight Solutions
- September 03, 2018 09:20 PM IST
The board of directors of both the exchanges will meet this week to formalise the merger.
- August 30, 2018 04:55 PM IST
Airtel has approached the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal to get a stay on the order.