An alumni of the Bangalore University, Rao holds a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
As Vishal Sikka resigned from the posts of MD and CEO of Infosys, UB Pravin Rao has been appointed as the interim MD and CEO of the Bengaluru based tech giant. Rao will now head the company which has close to 2 lakh employees and a net value of $35 billion.
- An alumnus of the Bangalore University, Rao holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Rao joined the company in 1986 and since then he has held many key positions in the company.
- He currently looks after important functions of the company including global sales, global delivery and business enabling functions.
- UB Pravin Rao, at present, is the Chairman of Infosys BPO service.
- According to the profile on UB Pravin Rao by Infosys, he drives and oversees the continuous renewal of key processes, systems and policies across the company in client relationship management, sales effectiveness, delivery excellence, quality, talent management and leadership development.
- Rao has held several leadership positions in the company including Chief Operating Officer, Head of Infrastructure Management Services, Delivery Head for Europe, and Head of Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods, Logistics and Life Sciences.
- Rao is also a member of the Executive Council of Nasscom and the National Council of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).