HomeNewsBusinessCompaniesCall drops: Telecom Minister to personally go on 'drive tests'

Call drops: Telecom Minister to personally go on 'drive tests'

As the 'call drop' menace refuses to subside, Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad today said he will personally go around the National Capital along with the top officials to monitor the quality of mobile calls.

March 17, 2016 / 18:17 IST
Story continues below Advertisement

As the 'call drop' menace refuses to subside, Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad today said he will personally go around the National Capital along with the top officials to monitor the quality of mobile calls.

The Minister also exhorted state-run telecom operator BSNL to work harder to expand its customer base and asked its top officials to "come out of their office and work on the ground level", saying he himself was ready to "sit and sell SIMs for BSNL".

Story continues below Advertisement

"I, (J S) Deepak and Anupam (Shrivastava) will go around in Delhi to monitor call drops," Prasad said at a BSNL event where he launched modern telephone service of the telecom PSU.

Prasad had earlier conducted drive tests in Indore with Shrivastava, the Chairman and Managing Director of BSNL.