HomeNewsBusinessBanksInterview | Indian Overseas Bank MD says no communication from Centre on privatisation, 'not even a hint'

Interview | Indian Overseas Bank MD says no communication from Centre on privatisation, 'not even a hint'

The bank is aiming to increase advances by 12% in the current financial year with secular growth across retail, micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME), and corporate and agricultural loans.

May 20, 2022 / 19:52 IST
Story continues below Advertisement
Indian Overseas Bank MD and CEO Partha Pratim Sengupta
Indian Overseas Bank MD and CEO Partha Pratim Sengupta

Indian Overseas Bank Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Partha Pratim Sengupta says the government has not approached the lender with a privatisation proposal although occasional media reports speculate about its sale. It has only been from such reports that Sengupta has got to know about the proposal, he said. In fact, the government has not even hinted that the bank will be privatized, Sengupta told Moneycontrol in an interview on May 20.

Sengupta said the bank is aiming to grow its advances by 12% in the current financial year with secular growth across retail, micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME), corporate and agricultural loans. Edited excerpts:

Story continues below Advertisement

What is your growth outlook for FY23? 

The focus is that we should grow advances 12% year-on-year, that is our aim. So far, the credit off-take trend, I would say, is better than what we have seen for the similar period in the last financial year.