In an interview to CNBC-TV18, MV Gowtama, CMD of Bharat Electronics (BEL) spoke about their business outlook for the rest of FY18 and beyond.
In an interview to CNBC-TV18, MV Gowtama, CMD of Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) spoke about the latest happenings in his company and sector.
The economy has seen signs of a capex cycle recovery off late with stocks like Larsen and Toubro (L&T) surging over 30 percent in 2017 so far while Voltas has gained 53 percent. On the side-lines of Citi India Investor Conference, Anisha Jain of CNBC-TV18 caught up with Venkatesh Balasubramaniam, Director-Capital Goods and Construction, Citi India and MV Gowtama, the CMD at Bharat Electronics.
In an interview with MV Gowtama, CMD of BEL spoke about how the company will benefit through the sale of electronic voting machines (EVMs).
Bharat Electronics (BEL) has announced strong provisional numbers for FY17 with a 17 percent growth in revenues and that beats their own guidance.
LR-SAM and Akash missile system orders could be nearly worth USD 2 billion, adding roughly Rs 13,000 crore to total orderbook in the coming quarters, says MV Gowtama, Chief Managing Director of BEL.
Speaking to CNBC-TV18 DK Hota, Chairman of BEML said that it has orders worth Rs 7300 crore order so far. Next year, they are aiming at orders worth Rs 5000 crore.
Thermax MD MS Unnikrishnan said the industry may not see a full recovery in sectors like power, cement, steel, oil and gas and fertilisers.
BEL expects a revenue growth of 15 percent after three years on back of defence programmes, says SK Sharma, CMD of the company.
KK Singh of Rolta India said the company is already ready with the products, so the prototypes would take less than a year to be done.
The government will fund 80 percent of the prototype cost and partners will be expected to fork out the remaining 20 percent.
News of an important defence deal that could have been won by a consortium of companies including L&T is doing the rounds. MV Kotwal, Member of L&T Board & President-Heavy Engineering, tells CNBC-TV18 that the company has partnered with Tata Power and HCL for the deal.
Ashwini Kumar Datt, CMD of Bharat Electronics, in an interview with CNBC-TV18’s Udayan Mukherjee and Mitali Mukherjee, said that the company has been planning to form a new company at a new location to manufacture wafers and modules for the solar cells. He further said that the company hopes to maintain their PBT at over 20%.
In an interview with CNBC-TV18, Ashwini Kumar Datt, CMD, Bharat Electronics says, the company’s current order book is Rs 23,600 crore as against Rs 11,300 crore last year. The company, he says, is targeting revenues of Rs 6,200 crore in FY12.