Company History - Shahi Shipping
1990 - The Company was Incorporated in the name of Shahi Shipping
Transport Pvt. Ltd. on 26th October. It was converted into a
public Ltd., Company and the name changed to Shahi Shipping
on 22nd February, 1993. It was promoted by S.K. Shahi and
Koli. The company is having a diverse range of carriers such
Ore carriers, water, petroleum carriers and is engaged in
transportation of oil, cargo and fresh potable water.
- The Company's object is to carry on business of shipowners,
builders, shipbreakers, shipbrokers, establish maintain and
operate shipping services and to carry on business of common
1994 - The Company undertook to expand its fleet capacity by
3 mini bulk carriers (MBC) of 2350 dead weight tonnes (DWT)
These would be built in the shipyard of Sesa Goa Ltd. and
be deployed in the coastal trade run by the company. M/s.
Goa Ltd. agreed to take on contract two of the MBCs for a
of five years and the third MBC would be deployed for the iron
ore export trade. The MBCs are to operate in the Mandovi and
Zuari rivers of Goa.
- 12,69,700 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each were issued,
subscribed and paid up. 24,18,300 No. of equity shares of
each were then issued in May as follows: (A) On firm
- (i) 9,23,300 shares to promoters, directors
- (ii) 5,00,000 shares to Technology Development and
Company of India Ltd. (TDICI). Balance 9,95,000 shares
to the public (all were taken up). Additional 7,300 No. of
equity shares were allotted.
1995 - A Container division was set up and it was reported to have
1996 - The Company purchased two new fuel-efficient modern vessels
M.V. Vikrant I and M.V. Vikrant II in May and August 1977
respectively. Total fleet of the Company during the year 27
- During October-November, the company issued 36,95,300 - zero
interest fully convertible debentures of Rs.20 each for cash
par on Rights basis in prop. 1 debenture : 1 equity share
Of these 1,43,163 debentures remained unissued.
- Each debenture was to be converted into one equity share of
at a prem. of Rs.10 per share after 17 months from the date
allotment of debentures.
1997 - The 500 Ton vessel Aditi was structurally altered to carry
tons at a capital cost of Rs.80 lakhs.
- 35,52,137 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each issued on
of zero interest fully convertible debentures.
1999 - Company plans to enter into coastal movement of liquid as well
bulk cargo in the coming year as there are strong indications
coastal movement picking up momentum in the future.
- Rear Admiral G. Rai (Retd.) resigned as Whole-time Director
the company with effect from 17.3.99.
- The Board appointed Mr. Vijayan N. K. as Joint Managing
for a period of three years with effect from 11th May.
2000 - The Mumbai-based Shahi Shipping Ltd will start a feeder
linking Mumbai and Jawaharlal Nehru ports from July 18.
- The company has received Customs clearance for the service
will help mainline shipping lines discharge cargoes meant
for Mumbai and Nhava Sheva at any one of the ports.
- Shahi shipping is the first coastal operator to get an ISO
- The Company to launch its overseas feeder operations in
2002-D N Singh appointed as Wholetime Director of Shahi Shipping.
2004 - SKS (Ship) Ltd has commenced its reefer container transhipment
service from JNPT to Mumbai Port through its feeder vessel, Royal
-Company name has been changed from SKS Ship Ltd to SKS Logistics
- The company board has approved dividend at the rate of 9.5% (Rs
0.95 per share) on equity share of Rs 10/- each for the year ended
March 31, 2008.
- The company board has decided to recommended a dividend for the
year ended March 31, 2011 at the rate of 5% (Rs. 0.50) on Equity
share of Rs. 10/- each.
-SKS Logistics Ltd Mr. B. B. Bhawsar has been appointed as Whole time
Director of the Company.
- The name of Company has been changed from SKS Logistics Limited to
SHAHI SHIPPING LIMITED.